Welcome to WeAreSMRT.com. Click here to register

Living Water's 990 filings with the IRS

Discussion on things related to LW, WotM, Ray Comfort, Kirk Cameron, and Tony Miano

Re: Living Water's 2011 990 filings with the IRS

Postby E-lad » Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:19 pm

theBlackSwan wrote:So, based on this info, and just the general trend that we see from LW, will it last into the upcoming future, and how long?

I can't imagine it going past 2015 without some major hiccups. They have no major projects anymore. They're just trying to ride the coattails of an already-failed venture.

These cults will be around for a long time, but they're losing their stage to the mega churches and the New Agers. They're losing their stage because sane people are tearing it down around them.
Life is a comedy for those who think, and a tragedy for those who feel.- Horace Walpole
E-lad

Postby Jessica » Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:34 pm

These cults will be around for a long time, but they're losing their stage to the mega churches and the New Agers. They're losing their stage because sane people are tearing it down around them.

The days when they could fool the masses because they held all the cards and refused to let any light into their operation are over. Especially in the west. Democracy and free-thought and an open exchange of ideas, unfettered by fear of what their God would do, and the secular arm on His behalf, are seeing to that.
In an open arena of honest debate, they would lose. Unanswered questions are more damaging to them that unasked questions.
They are going down.

I can't imagine it going past 2015 without some major hiccups. They have no major projects anymore. They're just trying to ride the coattails of an already-failed venture.

theBlackSwan, bingo! Living Waters are reading from a script and the script is getting old and tiresome. You can only run a certain set of advertisements or ideas over and over again so many times until they get stale and boring. I mean how long has Comfort been using the violence inducing irritating 'Atheists belief nothing created everything a scientific impossibility?' Over and over again. Yes, we know, Ray, we know. Yes. Change the record. Maybe it was challenging and pulled you up the first time, but not the hundredth time. It just gets like anything overused. You wish something new would be introduced.
They don't allow outside influence to spark off new ideas for fear of offending their God by thinking outside their group, and the law of diminishing returns tells us they will finally run out of people to work on.
They are going down.
If they weren't such Scripture twisting unreasonable non thinking liars it would be sad.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?Then he is not omnipotent.Is he able, but not willing?Then he is malevolent.Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? (Epicurus circa:300 BC)
Jessica

Postby BathTub » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:15 pm

180 clearly gave them a bump, Ray could come up with something.
BathTub
Site Admin

Postby Jessica » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:36 pm

Maybe. I don't know what's lurking in his mind. Who does?
But he has a script to stick to and he can't deviate far from it.
Whatever new thing he comes up with, the difference will be degree and not in kind.
Come to think about it, and yes credit where credit is due, he hasn't joined in the common fundamentalist hate-crusade against LGBT people.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?Then he is not omnipotent.Is he able, but not willing?Then he is malevolent.Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? (Epicurus circa:300 BC)
Jessica

Re: Living Water's 990 filings with the IRS

Postby Baud2Bits » Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:43 pm

Ray has tugged my chain and so I am going to flush him a little more.

I have a quote of Ray's in 2009, claiming he earned an average wage - very nice
But I also hear mention of him claiming at some time that he drew no salary
Google and Wayback have not been kind to me - a tough thing to search out any way
If anyone knows any more I would appreciate hearing about it
Yes I know it is digging dirt but this bottom feeder and his body-surfing family need exposing
Baud2Bits

Postby BathTub » Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:39 pm

It was over at his old blog Atheist Central/Comfort Food. Unfortunately that site now redirects to On the box, otherwise I would try and find it. Note that now Ray says 'he doesn't draw and average CEO's salary'.

It's possible to view here http://raycomfortfood.blogspot.co.nz/?m=1 but it's impossible to find anything that way.

I did find this video example of him saying it though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... vmw#t=431s
BathTub
Site Admin

Postby Chris » Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:43 am

Jessica wrote:Maybe. I don't know what's lurking in his mind.

Ray has a mind? Who knew?
If perchance I have offended, think but this, and all is mended, that you have but slumbered here, while a vision did appear. A Midsummer Night's Dream
Chris

Postby french engineer » Fri Nov 29, 2013 6:07 pm

We're nearly at the end of 2013, yet I can't find Ray's 2012 filings anywhere. Anyone have more luck than, me, or barring that an explanation?
french engineer

Postby AD6LR » Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:29 am

The .gov shutdown could have slowed it down.
A bad analogy is like a leaky screwdriver....
AD6LR
Site Admin

Postby AD6LR » Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:44 am

A bad analogy is like a leaky screwdriver....
AD6LR
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Living Waters & Way of the Master