Welcome to WeAreSMRT.com. Click here to register

I have the audacity...

Discussion on things related to LW, WotM, Ray Comfort, Kirk Cameron, and Tony Miano

Re: I have the audacity...

Postby E-lad » Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:43 pm

Milo wrote:
Who is this guy?

He's dead.
Life is a comedy for those who think, and a tragedy for those who feel.- Horace Walpole
E-lad

Postby Milo » Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:13 pm

Silly boy- that's a different Michael Martin.

I question his judgement and mental faculties if he believes Audacity is well done. "Far from cheesy" really? and " great, well acted script" I doubt it. The blonde girl with the lesbian sister made me cringe. Ray's train track analogy is as heavy handed as it gets and so is his analogy of the broken elevator. The scene where Peter asks the robber to shoot him instead of the gay person is just plain embarrassing. The movie may make a case for why Christians act like nut jobs, but it is not an argument against gay rights. It's an argument to be careful around people with delusions. And then Ray cannot resist inflating his own overblown ego by having one of the characters have second thoughts after watching a Ray Comfort video.
Stop doubting and beleive Milo. Then everything will make sense.
Milo

Postby E-lad » Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:42 pm

Milo wrote:Silly boy- that's a different Michael Martin.

I question his judgement and mental faculties if he believes Audacity is well done. "Far from cheesy" really? and " great, well acted script" I doubt it. The blonde girl with the lesbian sister made me cringe. Ray's train track analogy is as heavy handed as it gets and so is his analogy of the broken elevator. The scene where Peter asks the robber to shoot him instead of the gay person is just plain embarrassing. The movie may make a case for why Christians act like nut jobs, but it is not an argument against gay rights. It's an argument to be careful around people with delusions. And then Ray cannot resist inflating his own overblown ego by having one of the characters have second thoughts after watching a Ray Comfort video.

Excellent summary.
Life is a comedy for those who think, and a tragedy for those who feel.- Horace Walpole
E-lad

Postby Stoned Immaculate » Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:21 pm

And then Ray cannot resist inflating his own overblown ego by having one of the characters have second thoughts after watching a Ray Comfort video.

Holy shit, is this really in the movie or are you joking?
With a name like Smucker's, it has to be god.
Stoned Immaculate

Postby Milo » Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:41 pm

Stoned Immaculate wrote:
And then Ray cannot resist inflating his own overblown ego by having one of the characters have second thoughts after watching a Ray Comfort video.

Holy shit, is this really in the movie or are you joking?

Watch the new trailer......it pops up two places. First Peter googles how to witness to a homosexual and then you see Ray Comfort doing street interviews with lesbians. At the end of the trailer, Peter's friend-the woman with lesbian sister- thanks Peter for showing her the videos.
Milo

Postby Stoned Immaculate » Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:10 pm

Wow. Just watched. What an incredibly strange person ray is, unreal.
With a name like Smucker's, it has to be god.
Stoned Immaculate

Postby Milo » Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:56 pm

Review of Audacity

During the movie, characters are shown various videos of Ray Comfort, the writer and producer of the movie, spontaneously interviewing various people on the street about their opinions on homosexuality. The movie insists that these interviews are completely unscripted and real. If so, they are incredible. During the interviews, Ray logically uses the Bible to present Christ’s message of saving grace. He effectively convinces the various people of his “side” of the argument. The people even thank him for being a respectful voice for Christians, expecting at first that he was just another “Bible thumper.”

Rays says even secular sources are giving his movie a good review but so far I haven't found any reviews by anyone other than Christians. Except that one atheist.

Edit:
Secular review Hasn't seen the movie, only the trailer.

Another one Claims he will do a blow by blow of the movie after it comes out tomorrow.
Milo

Postby creativerealms » Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:32 pm

So will this them millions of homosexuals straight?
"If bluray came from CDs ... why are there still CDs."
creativerealms

Postby vms » Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:59 pm

creativerealms wrote:So will this them millions of homosexuals straight?

Of course, just like "180" made millions anti-choice & "Evolution vs God" took down evolution.
Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened.--Winston Churchill

The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.--H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
vms
Site Admin

Postby Milo » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:31 pm

All I've heard from the secular side (which is very little) is it could have been worse. I take that to mean Ray has reigned himself in for this movie. I'm pretty sure he takes the tack that homosexual sin is like any other sin and gays need to be warned to repent but not ostracized or discriminated against. Although I would be very surprised if Ray comes out for civil marriage equality, it might be possible. He still thinks gays are going to hell.
Milo

PreviousNext

Return to Living Waters & Way of the Master