Welcome to WeAreSMRT.com. Click here to register

I have the audacity...

Discussion on things related to LW, WotM, Ray Comfort, Kirk Cameron, and Tony Miano

Re: I have the audacity...

Postby rufustfirefly » Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:17 am

I'm pretty sure he takes the tack that homosexual sin is like any other sin and gays need to be warned to repent but not ostracized or discriminated against.

They're lying when they say that shit. Not only would there be no marriage equality if they had their way, there'd be no equality at all for GLBT people. Me, I'm going to my niece's wedding in October. She's marrying a girl.
rufustfirefly

Postby Milo » Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:10 pm

Another review

Ray Comfort's videos on how to witness to homosexuals play an important role in the movie. After initially being at a loss on how to share the Gospel with homosexuals, Peter watches the videos and is encouraged to speak the truth in love. Comfort does a superb job in revealing the hypocrisy in how people are willing to use the "born that way" excuse for homosexuality, but are unwilling to accept the "born that way" excuse for other sins, such as fornication and adultery.

This makes me so mad. Homosexuals are not being condemned for having sex outside of marriage like their heterosexual counterparts. Their sin is desiring a person of the same sex. A person can refrain from sex. It's another thing entirely to change your sexual preference. Comparing homosexuality to fornication and adultery is a joke. Let's level the playing field and see how heterosexuals would fare if sex outside marriage was a sin and marriage was illegal unless it was to someone for whom you had absolutely no desire.

"Born that way" This infuriates me even more. Ray Comfort may have to get up every morning and decide whether he's going to be heterosexual or homosexual, but the rest of us understand we did not choose our sexual preferences. The homosexual preference is just as real and just as valid as the heterosexual preference. I don't know what part of that Ray Comfort does not understand. Ray seems to think that perfectly heterosexuals men would decide it would be more fun to have sex with guys and be beat up and ostracized than to just bang women and be completely accepted. Being "born that way" means that at no point in their life were they attracted to the opposite sex and no decision to be that way was ever made. Homosexuality is not a sin and needs no excuse.

Having a natural inclination and predisposition towards something does not make it right.

It's not an inclination, it's who you are.

Homosexuals, and others, may disagree with us that without Christ we are all sinners bound for hell. But, they need to understand that love, not hate, is our motive for declaring what God's Word says about homosexuality. Staying silent is equivalent to you knowing that someone has a deadly disease, you possessing the cure, and yet you withholding that cure.

Then love, not hate, motivated Christians to keep slaves in their place because it is a sin to steal. Slaves who run from their masters are stealing and not obeying masters as the bible instructs. Keeping two consenting adults from expressing and experiencing a loving sexual relationship is not showing love no matter what your bible says. Singling out gays is not showing the love of Christ.

That "scary" Christian who keeps talking about sin and your need for Jesus is not trying to offend or hurt you. No, he/she is trying to save you from eternal separation from God.

That scary Christian is acting on his own bigotry fueled by a few verses from a flawed outdated book. The Christian is fixated on homosexuals while ignoring unmarried heteros who engage in sex. No one should have to suffer because Christians have delusions, even if those delusions are deeply held.

Which is love and which is hate? Declaring what you believe to be the truth on an eternally consequential issue, or withholding that truth because it might offend someone?

It is hate. The fear and dislike of homosexuality is what drives you, not the desire to save their souls. It just happens that the writers of the bible probably shared your bigoted views and therefore you feel justified in condemning people who are not like you. There is always more room in this world for love.
Stop doubting and beleive Milo. Then everything will make sense.
Milo

Postby zilch » Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:24 pm

Milo wrote:There is always more room in this world for love.

Amen to that, milo.
You were born. And so you're free. So happy birthday.
- Laurie Anderson
zilch

Postby E-lad » Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:20 pm

Of course, that ass, Comfort's entire premise is based on a lie.
Life is a comedy for those who think, and a tragedy for those who feel.- Horace Walpole
E-lad

Postby vms » Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:21 pm

With Audacity released Ray has been in full-on hype mode. But he just can't stay away from Evolution for too long. He just posted this.

https://www.facebook.com/official.Ray.C ... =1&theater
www.AudacityMovie.com

I saw this today, outside one of our neighbors homes. Did I think, "How amazing--that a bush would grow into that shape!"?

Of course not. Only a fool would think that something with such obvious design, would be without a designer.

"The fool has said in his heart, there is no God." (Psalm 14:1).

Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened.--Winston Churchill

The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.--H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
vms
Site Admin

Postby Milo » Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:15 pm

New review

This one explains that the whole lesbian elevator scene is a prophetic dream. Yeah, it was just a dream. Lesbians didn't plummet to their death after all.
Milo

Postby Milo » Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:57 pm

A not so good review

But Audacity takes an approach that will initially disappoint viewers who were hoping Comfort would again blow them away......Still, with just 11 of the film’s 49 minutes dedicated to interviews, Comfort doesn’t fully play to his strength.... Audacity is, therefore, not necessarily a cinematic tract to give away to ideological opponents.
Milo

Postby Stoned Immaculate » Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:16 pm

I get that he has fans, but it's so weird knowing there are people out there expecting Ray to "blow them away."
With a name like Smucker's, it has to be god.
Stoned Immaculate

Postby E-lad » Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:30 pm

Stoned Immaculate wrote:I get that he has fans, but it's so weird knowing there are people out there expecting Ray to "blow them away."

It is my opinion that anyone who says that the ass, Ray Comfort "blows them away" is emotionally stunted/ has not matured for some reason.
I well remember my 10 -11 year old kids coming home and talking about some event/ situation that "Blew me away." I can never remember it being anything noteworthy.
Life is a comedy for those who think, and a tragedy for those who feel.- Horace Walpole
E-lad

Postby Milo » Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:15 pm

Ray's killer argument is that gays are not born that way therefore it is fine to hate on them, although Ray calls it love.
Milo

PreviousNext

Return to Living Waters & Way of the Master