Welcome to WeAreSMRT.com. Click here to register

Audacity is out!! Predictions?

Discussion on things related to LW, WotM, Ray Comfort, Kirk Cameron, and Tony Miano

What is most likely to happen this time?

It becomes viral in three days (It has to be over 50 million views and be a trend on twitter for more than a week)
No votes
Ray gets banned from Facebook-Twitter-Youtube
No votes
Ray gets his ministry placed on Hatewatch
No votes
Sales will decrease to the point he has to sell it for 2$.
No votes
Baud2bits gets yet another DMCA for criticizing Ray.
8%
The LGBT Community for the most part will IGNORE the idiot.
46%
ChristianNewsWire will write a few bogus "news reports" to plug Ray's movie.
No votes
Followers of Ray ("Comfortites") will harp on how it's "The greatest movie ever" despite the fact that most people won't give a fuck.
46%

Total votes : 13

Audacity is out!! Predictions?

Postby th3w01fv2 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:25 pm

th3w01fv2

Re: Audacity is out!! Predictions?

Postby Milo » Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:25 pm

I am hoping a brave skeptic will get his/her hands on the video and give a detailed review so I don't have to actually watch it.
Stop doubting and beleive Milo. Then everything will make sense.
Milo

Postby vms » Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:26 pm

The 1st three are what Ray most likely would want to happen. They're stuff that Ray's wet dreams are made of.
It becomes viral in three days (It has to be over 50 million views and be a trend on twitter for more than a week)
Ray gets banned from Facebook-Twitter-Youtube
Ray gets his ministry placed on Hatewatch

All the rest are likely to happen but since I could only choose one I chose the last.
Sales will decrease to the point he has to sell it for 2$.
Baud2bits gets yet another DMCA for criticizing Ray.
The LGBT Community for the most part will IGNORE the idiot.
ChristianNewsWire will write a few bogus "news reports" to plug Ray's movie.
Followers of Ray ("Comfortites") will harp on how it's "The greatest movie ever" despite the fact that most people won't give a fuck.
Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened.--Winston Churchill

The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.--H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
vms
Site Admin

Postby rufustfirefly » Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:19 am

There shouldn't be any bans. That just plays into their persecution fantasies. Free speech is for the speech we don't like and don't agree with most of all.
rufustfirefly

Postby BaldySlaphead » Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:18 am

My prediction is simply that it'll be shit.
BaldySlaphead

Postby Jessica » Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:00 pm

I chose the last one, given Ray's film making record so far :

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?Then he is not omnipotent.Is he able, but not willing?Then he is malevolent.Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? (Epicurus circa:300 BC)
Jessica

Postby Weemaryanne » Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:41 pm

Jessica wrote:I chose the last one, given Ray's film making record so far :

Same here, though I would have checked several if permitted.

However, I'm mildly worried about all of those "could've been worse" reviews. That kind of assessment will only encourage Ray to keep making, um, movies. I'd prefer to see something like:

Clearly Mr. Comfort has now turned in his all-time best work and may safely retire, secure in the knowledge that none of his audience will end up in hell. Seriously, we meant it about the retirement thing. Cabo still has some nice beachfront properties available. Go, thou good and faithful servant, and preach no more. Hurry up, Cabo is waiting for you.
Of course truth is stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense. (Mark Twain)
I try to be cynical, but I just can't keep up. (Lily Tomlin)
Weemaryanne

Location: Fredericton, New Brunswick, aka The Wrong End of Canada

Postby Milo » Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:24 pm

Weemaryanne~However, I'm mildly worried about all of those "could've been worse" reviews.

I am worried too because I think these people are not understanding Ray's message. I can't support segregation by claiming I'm only concerned about the welfare of blacks and also claim not to be racist. You cannot witness to gays in a loving way when what you want for them is harmful. I haven't seen the video yet but I am confident every argument falls flat when examined critically. Just because Ray doesn't go to extremes does not mean this video is not detrimental and Ray needs to be called on it. But as you've said, Ray considers "could've been worse" to be a high compliment.
Stop doubting and beleive Milo. Then everything will make sense.
Milo

Postby Weemaryanne » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:10 pm

Off-topic (via BalloonJuice), but I'm posting this for the giggle and because the people described are IMHO kissin' cousins to Ray:

Too often in our official discourse, the explanation “because people are assholes” is sorely missing from the conversation. Humans are fueled creatively by their massive hatred of other humans.
Of course truth is stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense. (Mark Twain)
I try to be cynical, but I just can't keep up. (Lily Tomlin)
Weemaryanne

Location: Fredericton, New Brunswick, aka The Wrong End of Canada

Postby creativerealms » Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:25 pm

The movie will singlehandedly change the law so gays will be allowed to get married. No wait.
"If bluray came from CDs ... why are there still CDs."
creativerealms

Next

Return to Living Waters & Way of the Master