Welcome to WeAreSMRT.com. Click here to register

Audacity is out!! Predictions?

Discussion on things related to LW, WotM, Ray Comfort, Kirk Cameron, and Tony Miano

What is most likely to happen this time?

It becomes viral in three days (It has to be over 50 million views and be a trend on twitter for more than a week)
No votes
Ray gets banned from Facebook-Twitter-Youtube
No votes
Ray gets his ministry placed on Hatewatch
No votes
Sales will decrease to the point he has to sell it for 2$.
No votes
Baud2bits gets yet another DMCA for criticizing Ray.
8%
The LGBT Community for the most part will IGNORE the idiot.
46%
ChristianNewsWire will write a few bogus "news reports" to plug Ray's movie.
No votes
Followers of Ray ("Comfortites") will harp on how it's "The greatest movie ever" despite the fact that most people won't give a fuck.
46%

Total votes : 13

Re: Audacity is out!! Predictions?

Postby Milo » Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:48 pm

The sexual attraction that heterosexuals have towards the opposite is sex is exactly the same as homosexuals feel for the same sex. This information is easily obtained by talking to and listening to gays and by reading the scientific literature. It is reality, something Christians are not well acquainted with. A Christian gets facts about the world around them from a book and fails to check and see if reality confirms or contradicts their information. It's frustrating because they cannot rationally discuss an issue if it contradicts in any way their perceptions gleaned from the bible.
Stop doubting and beleive Milo. Then everything will make sense.
Milo

Postby zilch » Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:10 pm

How is "did you choose to be a heterosexual?" in any way a loaded question? It might well be a question that can't be answered with a simple yes or no, but it makes no presuppositions, as loaded questions do. And since Ray & Co believe that "does one choose to be a homosexual?" is a simple question with the simple answer "yes", then they are not really being logical here.
You were born. And so you're free. So happy birthday.
- Laurie Anderson
zilch

Postby Stoned Immaculate » Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:38 pm

zilch wrote:How is "did you choose to be a heterosexual?" in any way a loaded question? It might well be a question that can't be answered with a simple yes or no, but it makes no presuppositions, as loaded questions do. And since Ray & Co believe that "does one choose to be a homosexual?" is a simple question with the simple answer "yes", then they are not really being logical here.

Yeah, that's really it right there z-man. It's "loaded" because they don't have an answer, so they have to do a dance around it. They are completely unable to be honest about this topic at all, and their handling of it is bizarre even for them. Ray equates the "sin" of homosexuality with any other sin, but it's never in his stupid good person test. I wonder why? Ever lie? Sure. Steal? I took a candy from the bin at a grocery store when I was 6. Look with lust, get mad at someone? Yes, and yes. Why doesn't he ask everyone if they've had gay sex too? Maybe because the gpt is a rigged game, and designed to fail everyone on every question. And being gay doesn't apply to everyone, as it's an identity, not a sin. You fucking tool. The gay community aren't a bunch of straights sinning, and you'd have to be a maniac to believe something like that.
With a name like Smucker's, it has to be god.
Stoned Immaculate

Postby BeamStalk » Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:10 pm

zilch wrote:How is "did you choose to be a heterosexual?" in any way a loaded question? It might well be a question that can't be answered with a simple yes or no, but it makes no presuppositions, as loaded questions do. And since Ray & Co believe that "does one choose to be a homosexual?" is a simple question with the simple answer "yes", then they are not really being logical here.

Didn't Ray answer the somewhat similar question of 'do you choose to be straight when you wake up?' on his blog once as 'Yes, he does'.
The truth may be out there, but the lies are inside your head.
-Terry Pratchett, "Hogfather"
BeamStalk

Postby E-lad » Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:21 pm

Stoned Immaculate wrote:

Yeah, that's really it right there z-man. It's "loaded" because they don't have an answer, so they have to do a dance around it. They are completely unable to be honest about this topic at all, and their handling of it is bizarre even for them. Ray equates the "sin" of homosexuality with any other sin, but it's never in his stupid good person test. I wonder why? Ever lie? Sure. Steal? I took a candy from the bin at a grocery store when I was 6. Look with lust, get mad at someone? Yes, and yes. Why doesn't he ask everyone if they've had gay sex too? Maybe because the gpt is a rigged game, and designed to fail everyone on every question. And being gay doesn't apply to everyone, as it's an identity, not a sin. You fucking tool. The gay community aren't a bunch of straights sinning, and you'd have to be a maniac to believe something like that.

Yeah, it's maddening sometimes. A couple days before Mrs Froggie went on vacay with her sister I stumbled on to a preacher on the TBN network who stood there before a church of ~1000 people and said, "Every single gay person I have ever ministered to has told me that they were abused by a parent or close family member. That sets in the child's mind that it is OK to be gay."

What pisses me off the most about that is that it is a fat fucking insidious lie. And the guy who made the remark is a lying piece of shit. You absolutely, beyond a shadow of a doubt, cannot, talk to more than a couple of gay people and not have one of them tell you that they were born that way, or at least, once they reached puberty they realized their sexual orientation was different than it was "supposed to be." Lies, lies upon lies from these asshats. And that is exactly why Christian Fundamentalism is going out of style at an increasingly rapid rate; even more rapid than I ever thought I would see in my lifetime.

Even in 2006 after the Kitzmiller trial, which I considered it a great victory, but not the victory that it turned out to be. And there was more to come. Marriage equality was definitely not something I thought I would see happen.

So, bye.
Life is a comedy for those who think, and a tragedy for those who feel.- Horace Walpole
E-lad

Postby Feredir28 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:12 pm

Someone did a good job refuting Ray's latest anti-homosexuality booklet BS.

http://trollingwithlogic.com/godless-wo ... s-god-and/
Last edited by Feredir28 on Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Feredir28

Postby E-lad » Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:15 pm

Feredir28 wrote:Someone did a good job refuting Ray's latest anti-homosexuality booklet BS.

http://thegodlesswolf.blogspot.com/2015 ... d-and.html

Very comprehensive review. Well done.
Life is a comedy for those who think, and a tragedy for those who feel.- Horace Walpole
E-lad

Previous

Return to Living Waters & Way of the Master