Welcome to WeAreSMRT.com. Click here to register

Let's refute Ray Comfort

Discussion on things related to LW, WotM, Ray Comfort, Kirk Cameron, and Tony Miano

Re: Let's refute Ray Comfort

Postby E-lad » Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:26 am

ajbjasus wrote:Astonishing that "Faith" appears to be perceived as more laudable than "works"

Their claim, as far as I can tell, is that once you are saved then the holy spirit will direct toward the proper kind of "werks," or "Gods Plan for you."
Life is a comedy for those who think, and a tragedy for those who feel.- Horace Walpole
E-lad

Postby zilch » Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:04 am

E-lad wrote:
ajbjasus wrote:Astonishing that "Faith" appears to be perceived as more laudable than "works"

Their claim, as far as I can tell, is that once you are saved then the holy spirit will direct toward the proper kind of "werks," or "Gods Plan for you."

That's the usual answer. It amounts to "works optional" for many.
You were born. And so you're free. So happy birthday.
- Laurie Anderson
zilch

Postby vms » Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:10 pm

E-lad wrote:

Here's Ray's take on it (besides plugging his Audacity video) in a post a couple of days ago.
https://www.facebook.com/official.Ray.C ... permPage=1
A faith that is alive is overflowing to others. How will you show your faith?
Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened.--Winston Churchill

The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.--H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
vms
Site Admin

Postby zilch » Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:51 pm

vms wrote:Here's Ray's take on it (besides plugging his Audacity video) in a post a couple of days ago.

I'm not so sure plugging the Audacity video is beside the point: I think that's what counts as "works" for Ray.
You were born. And so you're free. So happy birthday.
- Laurie Anderson
zilch

Postby Stoned Immaculate » Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:57 pm

zilch wrote:
vms wrote:Here's Ray's take on it (besides plugging his Audacity video) in a post a couple of days ago.

I'm not so sure plugging the Audacity video is beside the point: I think that's what counts as "works" for Ray.

Yep, same goes for the mystery.
With a name like Smucker's, it has to be god.
Stoned Immaculate

Postby Jessica » Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:05 pm

Astonishing that "Faith" appears to be perceived as more laudable than "works"

Best way to describe it, from a Calvinist point, is that if you are forgiven and accepted by God, you automatically want to live the rest of your life doing good works out of a blind, endless gratitude.

One more thing : A note for those interns from Living Waters whom read these forums. Ray, friend. I don't know if you are saved, that's between you and the Lord, but if you are truly being led by to evangelise, you are being led in the wrong direction.

Forty years. 100% failure rate.

Think on that. Seriously.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?Then he is not omnipotent.Is he able, but not willing?Then he is malevolent.Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? (Epicurus circa:300 BC)
Jessica

Postby Milo » Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:16 pm

Ray has a book out based on the award winning movie Audacity. It is written with Julia Zwayne. Who is this person? Ray's granddaughter? His daughter using a pen name? He only has one daughter and her name is Rachel.
Stop doubting and beleive Milo. Then everything will make sense.
Milo

Postby BeamStalk » Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:31 pm

Milo wrote:Ray has a book out based on the award winning movie Audacity. It is written with Julia Zwayne. Who is this person? Ray's granddaughter? His daughter using a pen name? He only has one daughter and her name is Rachel.

Granddaughter

https://www.facebook.com/official.Ray.C ... 7578512720
The truth may be out there, but the lies are inside your head.
-Terry Pratchett, "Hogfather"
BeamStalk

Postby Milo » Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:04 pm

Wow, those Comfort's sure are talented. Barely 18 years old and already helping her gramps write a book. I wonder how much she's making on that.
Stop doubting and beleive Milo. Then everything will make sense.
Milo

Postby BeamStalk » Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:15 pm

Milo wrote:Wow, those Comfort's sure are talented. Barely 18 years old and already helping her gramps write a book. I wonder how much she's making on that.

She works for nothing, Ray is not in it to make money he said so at the beginning of this thread. Okay he really didn't say that and he really didn't deny what the person said he just threw out a red herring and ran away, but yeah this is totally not just for money...
The truth may be out there, but the lies are inside your head.
-Terry Pratchett, "Hogfather"
BeamStalk

PreviousNext

Return to Living Waters & Way of the Master