Welcome to WeAreSMRT.com. Click here to register

hypocrite

Discussion on things related to LW, WotM, Ray Comfort, Kirk Cameron, and Tony Miano

hypocrite

Postby Milo » Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:14 pm

Stop doubting and beleive Milo. Then everything will make sense.
Milo

Re: hypocrite

Postby vms » Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:51 pm

Looks like Ray's attempt to censor the video failed. It's back up.

Beams mentioned it in another thread. Now I definitely have to watch it. Considering Ray encouraged his minions to read a lesbian's review of Audacity on his fb page but tried to remove this video, something's there that got to Ray.
Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened.--Winston Churchill

The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.--H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
vms
Site Admin

Postby vms » Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:44 pm

I watched the review and they were spot on. Also, found a fine example of Ray & Co.'s love for gays in the comments.

Just to show what a POS Ray Comfort is: His ministry crowdfunded this video, seeking $175,000, and they exceeded that goal. And he made even more selling the DVD for about 8 weeks before posting it on YT. The fundraising video claimed that the movie would show the reality of Christian love for gay people. So I told them, look, Living Waters has over $2 million in assets, is going to surpass its crowdfunding goal, and is going to spend hundreds of thousands on a movie about how much Christians love gay people. With all that money, why not make a $10,000 donation to a homeless shelter in Atlanta for gay youth thrown out of their homes? That would not only help actual, real-life gay youth in dire straits, but might help persuade gays that Ray's message of love is sincere. Well, Living Waters responded. And not only did they decline to donate even a dime from their overstuffed coffers, they thought it would be funny to crack a joke about the homeless kids' situation, saying that while they wouldn't donate any money, if the shelter asked they might consider sending free Audacity DVDs.
Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened.--Winston Churchill

The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.--H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
vms
Site Admin

Postby BeamStalk » Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:09 am

Yeah they went out of their way not to post anything from the movie because they knew Ray would do this.

Edit: BTW, you should all watch their Bible study videos, they are hilarious and they will offend everyone equally.
The truth may be out there, but the lies are inside your head.
-Terry Pratchett, "Hogfather"
BeamStalk

Postby zilch » Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:36 am

vms wrote:I watched the review and they were spot on. Also, found a fine example of Ray & Co.'s love for gays in the comments.

Just to show what a POS Ray Comfort is: His ministry crowdfunded this video, seeking $175,000, and they exceeded that goal. And he made even more selling the DVD for about 8 weeks before posting it on YT. The fundraising video claimed that the movie would show the reality of Christian love for gay people. So I told them, look, Living Waters has over $2 million in assets, is going to surpass its crowdfunding goal, and is going to spend hundreds of thousands on a movie about how much Christians love gay people. With all that money, why not make a $10,000 donation to a homeless shelter in Atlanta for gay youth thrown out of their homes? That would not only help actual, real-life gay youth in dire straits, but might help persuade gays that Ray's message of love is sincere. Well, Living Waters responded. And not only did they decline to donate even a dime from their overstuffed coffers, they thought it would be funny to crack a joke about the homeless kids' situation, saying that while they wouldn't donate any money, if the shelter asked they might consider sending free Audacity DVDs.

I didn't think my opinion of Ray Comfort could drop any lower, but it has. That's really scummy, even by fundamentalist standards.
You were born. And so you're free. So happy birthday.
- Laurie Anderson
zilch

Postby creativerealms » Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:35 pm

The bible reloaded just posted a response to this and really the problem is more with YouTube then Ray as YouTube has very light copyright laws and its very easy to flag a video and get it taken down, too easy. I'm sure Ray has people who search for these videos and whoever saw TBR's review just flagged it without even checking content.

While TBR could sue Ray for this they are taking the high ground this time but if someone tries this again they will sue them. Failing a false claims is defamation of character. Yet like I said YouTube makes it too easy to make a claim and they have a guilty until proven innocence stance. They need to adjust that.
"If bluray came from CDs ... why are there still CDs."
creativerealms

Postby creativerealms » Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:37 pm

8-)
BeamStalk wrote:Yeah they went out of their way not to post anything from the movie because they knew Ray would do this.

Edit: BTW, you should all watch their Bible study videos, they are hilarious and they will offend everyone equally.

I love their Chick Tract videos.
"If bluray came from CDs ... why are there still CDs."
creativerealms

Postby BeamStalk » Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:22 pm

creativerealms wrote:8-)
BeamStalk wrote:Yeah they went out of their way not to post anything from the movie because they knew Ray would do this.

I love their Chick Tract videos.

All I have to say is "Y incision sex"
BeamStalk

Postby Milo » Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:21 am

Well, I for one, cannot believe the audacity of Ray Comfort. This from the man that has been caught plagiarizing multiple times. He really has nerve to complain about it.
Stop doubting and beleive Milo. Then everything will make sense.
Milo

Postby BeamStalk » Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:13 pm

So because Living Waters DMCA'ed them, here is their review of another Living Waters film:

BeamStalk

Return to Living Waters & Way of the Master