Welcome to WeAreSMRT.com. Click here to register

The Mystery as a Feature Film

Discussion on things related to LW, WotM, Ray Comfort, Kirk Cameron, and Tony Miano

The Mystery as a Feature Film

Postby rufustfirefly » Fri Dec 04, 2015 8:32 pm

I have written a number of books, but one that is very special to me is "The Mystery." It may be because of my age and heritage, but I do know that I wept as I wrote one scene because I was so moved by it. It was weird because it was fiction God-willing, I would like to make this into a feature film one day.

I wept as I read the entire thing, Ray.

Mystery Science Theater 3000 is coming back, so do it, Ray.
rufustfirefly

Re: The Mystery as a Feature Film

Postby vms » Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:37 pm

https://www.facebook.com/official.Ray.C ... 9346609537

Anyway, I want it to be read, so we are making it freely available (you only pay for the shipping). The reason I want to do this is in the hope that you will see its potential to reach the lost, and order it in bulk (at a really low price).

Back on Dec. 22, 2014 I posted that Ray was offering "The Mystery" for free. That's almost a year ago. Ray can't even give it away. He must have a large stock of it that he's trying to get rid of.

The book has been re-edited and greatly improved since the version listened to by Marianne.

Wasn't the re-edited version the one Ray posted on his blog? If not, re-edit shit is still shit.
Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened.--Winston Churchill

The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.--H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
vms
Site Admin

Postby rufustfirefly » Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:51 am

Wasn't the re-edited version the one Ray posted on his blog? If not, re-edit shit is still shit.

Imagine a screenplay . . .
rufustfirefly

Postby E-lad » Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:56 am

I'm sure Comfort fancies himself as a Hemingway, Melville, or Twain.
Life is a comedy for those who think, and a tragedy for those who feel.- Horace Walpole
E-lad

Postby Jessica » Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:58 am

I have written a number of books, but one that is very special to me is "The Mystery." It may be because of my age and heritage, but I do know that I wept as I wrote one scene because I was so moved by it. It was weird because it was fiction God-willing, I would like to make this into a feature film one day.

Oh, oh, oh! Well, well, well! I love me, who do you love?
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?Then he is not omnipotent.Is he able, but not willing?Then he is malevolent.Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? (Epicurus circa:300 BC)
Jessica

Postby Azou » Sat Dec 05, 2015 3:21 am

E-lad wrote:I'm sure Comfort fancies himself as a Hemingway, Melville, or Twain.
Well, his ghost writer anyways.
"Once the rockets are up, who cares where they come down?
That's not my department," says Wernher von Braun.
Azou

Postby rufustfirefly » Sat Dec 05, 2015 3:34 am

I'm sure Comfort fancies himself as a Hemingway, Melville, or Twain.

Gertrude Hemingway, Nick Melville, Beauregard Twain.

(Stolen from M.A.S.H.)
rufustfirefly

Postby Milo » Sat Dec 05, 2015 5:27 am

The only reason Ray edited that POS book was that we ripped it shreds here and on his blog. Ray was pleased with the first edition.
Stop doubting and beleive Milo. Then everything will make sense.
Milo

Postby zilch » Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:16 am

rufustfirefly wrote:

I wept as I read the entire thing, Ray.

Mystery Science Theater 3000 is coming back, so do it, Ray.

You read the whole thing, rufus? You have a stronger stomach than I do.
You were born. And so you're free. So happy birthday.
- Laurie Anderson
zilch

Postby E-lad » Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:58 pm

Only the ignorant minions of Comfort would fall for that shit.
As a person who has tried on more occasions than I care to remember to write decent prose, not even a novice author could weep on writing a scene since the entire setting was thought through in advance. Authors do not weep at their own prose. If they are serious, the weeping (or laughing, or sadness, or jubulation) was the impetus for writing the story.

Of course the writing skill of Comfort's minions is non existent beyond spouting ignorant religious sounding aphorisms on a blog post.

The whole thing is beyond ridiculous.
Life is a comedy for those who think, and a tragedy for those who feel.- Horace Walpole
E-lad

Next

Return to Living Waters & Way of the Master