Welcome to WeAreSMRT.com. Click here to register

I would love to see:

Discussion on things related to LW, WotM, Ray Comfort, Kirk Cameron, and Tony Miano

I would love to see:

Postby AD6LR » Sat Dec 19, 2015 7:28 am

Ray Comfort telling Tony Miano The joke called The Aristocrats.
A bad analogy is like a leaky screwdriver....
AD6LR
Site Admin

Re: I would love to see:

Postby E-lad » Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:19 pm

AD6LR wrote:Ray Comfort telling Tony Miano The joke called The Aristocrats.

The only time I ever hear that joke was back in the day setting around the fire at Boy scout camp telling jokes and stuff.
One of the boys told that one. And yes, it was funny as shit at the time.
Life is a comedy for those who think, and a tragedy for those who feel.- Horace Walpole
E-lad

Postby AD6LR » Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:39 pm

Penn and Teller did a documentary on the joke. I nearly died laughing watching it.
AD6LR
Site Admin

Postby E-lad » Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:45 pm

AD6LR wrote:Penn and Teller did a documentary on the joke. I nearly died laughing watching it.

I didn't see the documentary, but I bet it was about how that joke has a few key elements for a great joke.

It reminds me of this one:

The guy goes before the judge to get his name changed.
The judge goes, "Ahem, I can see why you want to change your name- Sam Shit. I"ll allow the change.
What do you want to change it to?"

The guy says, "Joe."
Last edited by E-lad on Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Life is a comedy for those who think, and a tragedy for those who feel.- Horace Walpole
E-lad

Postby AD6LR » Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:48 pm

AD6LR
Site Admin

Postby zilch » Sat Dec 19, 2015 2:06 pm

I hadn't heard that before. It certainly defines one corner of humor.
You were born. And so you're free. So happy birthday.
- Laurie Anderson
zilch

Postby Jessica » Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:06 pm

Oh the Aristocrats. Amazing joke. It can last up to an hour if the teller is clever and the listeners have enough stamina.
I remember I got up one morning and got showered and dressed, had my morning drink of tea, then got my coat on and went out and walked for a bit and came across this newsagents and in the window was an advertisement for a magazine : The Truth About Edward VIII. Part one : When Victoria was Queen, so I went in and said to the man behind the counter, "I noticed that magazine the Truth About Edward VIII" and he said, "oh aye," and I said, "Yeah. I'm interested in that." So he said, "it's a part-work. First issue is £2.00 and if you like it you have to put an order in for the forthcoming editions." and I said, "I'll have it'." So he reached it out of the window for me and I paid for it and thanked him and took it out and sat on a wall and read a bit of it and it was pretty fair minded but I wasn't sure if I was willing to pay for the whole series. So I put the magazine in my bag and walked a bit further and there was a cinema which used to be a carpet works and before that a school and it was showing art house fayre and the films were advertised. The World Without Us (18) The Dinner That Was Not Eaten (15) The Life And Times of Edward VIII (PG) so I went in and said, "what time is the Life and Times of Edward VIII showing?" And the ticker seller said, "four o' clock this afternoon." and I said, "Can I buy a ticket in advance only it's only half past nine in the morning now?" And she said, "I'm sorry, no. First come first served." And I said "at the big cinemaplex in Town they have a dozen screens and you can buy tickets a week before the picture is scheduled." And she said, "well, I suggest you go there then. But you won't get anything like that there. So I came out and had a think about it and went back in and said, "all right, I'll be back." And she said, "I thought you would, like." Dead sinister and odd. So I came out and I walked along the flagstones and there was a little shaggy dog and I said to it, "I like shaggy dogs. I want to find more about you. What's the story, shaggy dog?" But it didn't tell it's story because it was only a shaggy dog.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?Then he is not omnipotent.Is he able, but not willing?Then he is malevolent.Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? (Epicurus circa:300 BC)
Jessica

Postby E-lad » Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:33 pm

Shaggy dogs carry no tales.
E-lad

Return to Living Waters & Way of the Master