Welcome to WeAreSMRT.com. Click here to register

Ray's new book

Discussion on things related to LW, WotM, Ray Comfort, Kirk Cameron, and Tony Miano

Re: Ray's new book

Postby zilch » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:50 am

BeamStalk wrote:
Chris wrote:It will be out in a few months. Someone should review it. Any takers?

I have ten dollars that says it will be just like his other books, a bunch of rehashing of his blog and facebook posts, with an emphasis on the banana stuff.

I think your tenner is safe, beams.
You were born. And so you're free. So happy birthday.
- Laurie Anderson
zilch

Postby Chris » Sun Apr 02, 2017 3:20 am

zilch wrote:
BeamStalk wrote:
Chris wrote:It will be out in a few months. Someone should review it. Any takers?

I have ten dollars that says it will be just like his other books, a bunch of rehashing of his blog and facebook posts, with an emphasis on the banana stuff.

I think your tenner is safe, beams.

Don't forget the good person test. That seems to be a must in all Ray's publications.
If perchance I have offended, think but this, and all is mended, that you have but slumbered here, while a vision did appear. A Midsummer Night's Dream
Chris

Postby zilch » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:13 am

Good person test? Why does that sound vaguely familiar? :)
- Laurie Anderson
zilch

Postby Jessica » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:22 am

Banana Man : (I thought it was Banana). All of you have sussed Ray out yet again and done so eloquently.
In this case parody is not needed because he parodies himself expertly.
And here comes the mournful sound of the bottom of the barrel being scraped. Yet again.
There is nothing left, Ray! Give it up.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?Then he is not omnipotent.Is he able, but not willing?Then he is malevolent.Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? (Epicurus circa:300 BC)
Jessica

Postby zilch » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:33 am

It is indeed a good thing, is it not, Jessica, that we have more to our lives than making fun of Ray and Co? That would get rather boring after a while if that were all there were...
- Laurie Anderson
zilch

Postby creativerealms » Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:26 pm

Jessica wrote:Banana Man : (I thought it was Banana). All of you have sussed Ray out yet again and done so eloquently.
In this case parody is not needed because he parodies himself expertly.
And here comes the mournful sound of the bottom of the barrel being scraped. Yet again.
There is nothing left, Ray! Give it up.

Hey the book was powerful enough to convert you on April fools day. Oh yeah you are right.
"If bluray came from CDs ... why are there still CDs."
creativerealms

Postby Jessica » Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:20 pm

Creativerealms.

It is my fond hope that Ray realises that April Fool's Day is the only day he will convert anyone.

It is indeed a good thing, is it not, Jessica, that we have more to our lives than making fun of Ray and Co? That would get rather boring after a while if that were all there were...

Zilch, one of my favourite films is 'The Untouchables', with Kevin Costner as Eliot Ness and Robert Di Nero as Capone and Sean Connery as imaginary beat cop Jimmy Malone.
When Eliot first meets Malone on the street, Ness asks him, haven't you other things to do?
Malone's response:
"Yeah, but I'm not doin' them right now".
That is it.
All us Ray watchers have got other things to do, but we aren't doing them at the moment.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?Then he is not omnipotent.Is he able, but not willing?Then he is malevolent.Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? (Epicurus circa:300 BC)
Jessica

Postby zilch » Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:20 am

That's it, Jessica. But I find there are also some salutory effects of arguing with Ray, and flat Earthers, etc. Sometimes people who are unsure are listening, and it's also a good way of getting your own worldview in shape and presentable. For instance, arguing with flat Earthers has helped refresh my astronomy and math, which is a good thing.
- Laurie Anderson
zilch

Previous

Return to Living Waters & Way of the Master