Welcome to WeAreSMRT.com. Click here to register

Ray's new book

Discussion on things related to LW, WotM, Ray Comfort, Kirk Cameron, and Tony Miano

Ray's new book

Postby Chris » Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:00 pm

Ray has written a new book. Are you ready for the title? Banana Man

He explains "The true story of how a demeaning nickname opened amazing doors for the gospel––and how you can overcome your own fears in sharing your faith."

https://www.amazon.com/Banana-Man-Ray-C ... banana+man

It will be out in a few months. Someone should review it. Any takers?
If perchance I have offended, think but this, and all is mended, that you have but slumbered here, while a vision did appear. A Midsummer Night's Dream
Chris

Re: Ray's new book

Postby zilch » Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:13 pm

Chris wrote:It will be out in a few months. Someone should review it. Any takers?

Sorry, Chris, I have to take good care of the few brain cells I have.
You were born. And so you're free. So happy birthday.
- Laurie Anderson
zilch

Postby vms » Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:41 pm

Sorry Chris, I took won't read it. The "The Mystery" was enough for me. I'll suffer thru Ray's videos.

Current price $14.99. If like most of Ray's books it'll be halved in short time. If like "The Mystery" the price will go to $0.
Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened.--Winston Churchill

The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.--H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
vms
Site Admin

Postby E-lad » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:12 pm

Chris wrote:Ray has written a new book. Are you ready for the title? Banana Man

He explains "The true story of how a demeaning nickname opened amazing doors for the gospel––and how you can overcome your own fears in sharing your faith."

https://www.amazon.com/Banana-Man-Ray-C ... banana+man

It will be out in a few months. Someone should review it. Any takers?

As we've seen many times before, he takes a liability, his pig ignorance, and tries to spin it as an advantage. He's effectively saying to his hapless minions, "look! You can be pig ignorant and still be successful like me!"

I'm sure the book will be full of half truths and gimmicks as per his usual marketing plan.
Life is a comedy for those who think, and a tragedy for those who feel.- Horace Walpole
E-lad

Postby Stoned Immaculate » Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:25 pm

It would take far less than an infinite number of monkeys and typewriters to write this book word for word, that's a fact.
With a name like Smucker's, it has to be god.
Stoned Immaculate

Postby zilch » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:35 am

E-lad wrote:He's effectively saying to his hapless minions, "look! You can be pig ignorant and still be successful like me!"

Well, he's got a point there. But there's not room for too many Rays out there.
- Laurie Anderson
zilch

Postby E-lad » Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:03 am

zilch wrote:
E-lad wrote:He's effectively saying to his hapless minions, "look! You can be pig ignorant and still be successful like me!"

Well, he's got a point there. But there's not room for too many Rays out there.

One thing none of Ray's minions will ever have is A well known and beloved child actor who used his resources to build up Ray's ministry.
It is easy to see that Ray came to "prominence" through his association with Cameron, and once Cameron was out of the picture the ministry went stagnant. You can see through his tax returns that he is stagnant and also he is still operating out of an old residential home that he started in 15 (?) years ago. If he had grown at all he'd need much more space fopr offices, warehousing et & et.
He's just setting there marking time right now.
The other thing that none of his minions will never have is Comfort's ease with lying and fracturing logic in a way that is loved by under educated dick weeds. He;s a natural at that.....he even calls it a "Blessing."
Life is a comedy for those who think, and a tragedy for those who feel.- Horace Walpole
E-lad

Postby zilch » Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:15 pm

E-lad wrote:One thing none of Ray's minions will ever have is A well known and beloved child actor who used his resources to build up Ray's ministry.

I never thought of that, but it's obvious now that you mention it.

Btw- my friend in the back workshop, Rebecca, is from New Zealand, and lived in Christchurch the whole time Ray was preaching there. She's never heard of him.
- Laurie Anderson
zilch

Postby Stoned Immaculate » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:11 pm

zilch wrote:
E-lad wrote:One thing none of Ray's minions will ever have is A well known and beloved child actor who used his resources to build up Ray's ministry.

I never thought of that, but it's obvious now that you mention it.

Btw- my friend in the back workshop, Rebecca, is from New Zealand, and lived in Christchurch the whole time Ray was preaching there. She's never heard of him.

Must be nice.
With a name like Smucker's, it has to be god.
Stoned Immaculate

Postby BeamStalk » Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:08 pm

Chris wrote:It will be out in a few months. Someone should review it. Any takers?

I have ten dollars that says it will be just like his other books, a bunch of rehashing of his blog and facebook posts, with an emphasis on the banana stuff.
The truth may be out there, but the lies are inside your head.
-Terry Pratchett, "Hogfather"
BeamStalk

Next

Return to Living Waters & Way of the Master