Welcome to WeAreSMRT.com. Click here to register

The Steven J Thread

Discussion on things related to LW, WotM, Ray Comfort, Kirk Cameron, and Tony Miano

Re: The Steven J Thread

Postby rufustfirefly » Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:56 pm

Pretty sure "elided" is in the same category as "arboreal" for Ray.
rufustfirefly

Postby Stoned Immaculate » Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:28 pm

From Ray Ray
12. All animals (and people) were vegetarian before and during the Flood according to Genesis 1:20–30 with Genesis 9:3.

SJ
12. Ah, yes. The dromeosaurs with their retractable sickle-claws for ... what? snagging apples off trees? The entire modern hypercarnivorous cat family (they digest plant matter poorly and eat almost entire meat) descended from a single pair of plant-eaters? I cannot attain the level of mockery that this suggestion demands.

I think you sorta just did Stephen.
With a name like Smucker's, it has to be god.
Stoned Immaculate

Postby CailinBan » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:54 pm

By definition, all flood myths have similarities; that's how we know they're flood myths, not, e.g. rain-of-fire myths or end-of-the-world-by-mass-jaguar-attack myths.
CailinBan

Postby CailinBan » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:31 pm

Now, I do not wish to argue that True Christians™ are free, or feel themselves free, to murder, steal, commit adultery, commit idolatry, or bear false witness (except against scientists, of course).
CailinBan

Postby Stoned Immaculate » Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:42 pm

In Steven's latest response to the "evolution $10,000 challenge" thread I found this little snarky part (bold and itallic) funny. And he's undoubtedly correct.

Muscles are older than bones (there are many animals with muscles but not bones). For that matter, muscles are older than blood. Blood is older than blood vessels. I'm not sure what you mean by "repair system" (and have no confidence that you know what you mean), but surely hormones are older than nerves (which are older than brains). The immune system is a combination of separate systems, not all of which are present in all organisms.
Stoned Immaculate

Postby E-lad » Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:03 pm

Stoned Immaculate wrote:In Steven's latest response to the "evolution $10,000 challenge" thread I found this little snarky part (bold and itallic) funny. And he's undoubtedly correct.

Muscles are older than bones (there are many animals with muscles but not bones). For that matter, muscles are older than blood. Blood is older than blood vessels. I'm not sure what you mean by "repair system" (and have no confidence that you know what you mean), but surely hormones are older than nerves (which are older than brains). The immune system is a combination of separate systems, not all of which are present in all organisms.

That guy is a walking encyclopedia!
Life is a comedy for those who think, and a tragedy for those who feel.- Horace Walpole
E-lad

Postby CailinBan » Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:32 pm

Has anyone ever responded to the question "what do you call someone who tells lies" with "what did you say your name was again?"

What I love about StevenJ is the razor-sharp snark expressed in the most beautiful way.
CailinBan

Postby CailinBan » Tue May 14, 2013 10:34 pm

You can show Cheryl the Bible (which I assume she's read at least as carefully as you have, since that's a pretty low bar).

God isn't going to reach down in response to prayers and re-arrange your thoughts and feelings; you have to do that yourself -- talk yourself into blind belief in what Ray Comfort interprets various Bible verses to say. "Lord, help thou mine unbelief" apparently gets no response other than "help your own [expletive deleted] unbelief!"

Again, Ray, the distinction between perfect holiness and neurotic sociopathy seems, on your telling, vanishingly slim.

In other words, the Bible doesn't mean what it says, it means what you say.

Arrogant and stupid is a bad combination, DBM; you might consider giving one of them up.
CailinBan

Postby Stoned Immaculate » Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:27 pm

Steven had a pretty solid response to that creep bobby t, who just cannot understand that there are people who have different beliefs than his own.

There's a well-known psychological experiment, in which young children watched a person put a doll in a bin, leave the room, and then watched someone else enter and move the doll to a second bin. Then they were asked, when the first person re-entered the room, which bin she would look in for the doll. The younger children expected her to look in the second bin, since that's where they knew the doll was; as they grew a bit older and came to realize that other people had minds of their own, they realized that she'd think the doll was still in the first bin.

Your faith seems to have infantilized you, making you incapable of recognizing that other people can have beliefs and experiences other than your own.

bobby's quote:

You're lying, which is to be expected considering whom you serve. You're not interested in evidence. You're so wedded to your sin that nothing can move you from your rejection of the truth except a radical change of heart.

Ray's responsibility is to present the gospel, which he has done faithfully. You understood the message and rejected it. On the day of judgment, absent your conversion, you'll be without excuse.
Stoned Immaculate

Postby Photosynthesis » Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:48 pm

Stoned Immaculate wrote:Steven had a pretty solid response to that creep bobby t, who just cannot understand that there are people who have different beliefs than his own.

There's a well-known psychological experiment, in which young children watched a person put a doll in a bin, leave the room, and then watched someone else enter and move the doll to a second bin. Then they were asked, when the first person re-entered the room, which bin she would look in for the doll. The younger children expected her to look in the second bin, since that's where they knew the doll was; as they grew a bit older and came to realize that other people had minds of their own, they realized that she'd think the doll was still in the first bin.

Your faith seems to have infantilized you, making you incapable of recognizing that other people can have beliefs and experiences other than your own.

bobby's quote:

You're lying, which is to be expected considering whom you serve. You're not interested in evidence. You're so wedded to your sin that nothing can move you from your rejection of the truth except a radical change of heart.

Ray's responsibility is to present the gospel, which he has done faithfully. You understood the message and rejected it. On the day of judgment, absent your conversion, you'll be without excuse.

It doesn't seem like bobby realizes that he/she has a mind of his/her own either.
Photosynthesis

PreviousNext

Return to Living Waters & Way of the Master