Welcome to WeAreSMRT.com. Click here to register

The Quotable Raytard

Discussion on things related to LW, WotM, Ray Comfort, Kirk Cameron, and Tony Miano

Re: The Quotable Raytard

Postby vms » Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:32 pm

This post by Ray if full of stupid, look for the red highlight parts

Wednesday, December 5, 2012
Today’s Show Notes: Wednesday, 5th December 2012.

Genius Launches Today!!!!

“What do you say to someone when they say that marijuana is from the earth?”

Chew on a rock. It’s from the earth too. God made them.

Common sense says that you shouldn’t smoke everything that comes from the earth. Ever hear of a Poison Ivy blunt? Me neither. So, why would we want to smoke weed? We know it has very damaging effects on your lungs, brain, heart, and makes you think in an intoxicated mentality?

1) It’s against the Law, thus is we rebel against it we are rebelling against God!

Romans 13:1,2 - “Let every soul be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and the authorities that exist are appointed by God. Therefore whoever resists the authority resists the ordinance of God, and those who resist will bring judgment on themselves.”

1 Peter 2:13–17 – “Therefore submit yourselves to every ordinance of man for the Lord’s sake, whether to the king as supreme, or to governors, as to those who are sent by him for the punishment of evildoers and for the praise of those who do good. For this is the will of God, that by doing good you may put to silence the ignorance of foolish men—as free, yet not using liberty as a cloak for vice, but as bondservants of God. Honor all people. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honor the king.”

2) It aims to destroy the Lord’s temple!

It has very damaging effects on your lungs, brain, heart, and brings an intoxicated mentality that will drive you to do things you might otherwise not do. Also keep in mind, some die the first time they smoke marijuana.

1 Cor. 6:19,20 - “. . . do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God’s.”

1 Corinthians 3:16-17 – “Do you not know that you are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you? If anyone defiles the temple of God, God will destroy him. For the temple of God is holy, which temple you are.”

3) It is a form of idolatry!

As soon as God says no and we do it anyway, we are exhibiting idolatry. We are rebelling from God in loving something else more than Him. He has made it clear this is sin. No excuse will do.

Mt. 22:37 – “Jesus said to him, “‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.”

Matthew 6:24 - 24 “No one can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or else he will be loyal to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and mammon.”

As with all sin, it always wants to lead you deeper. Marijuana tends to be a gateway drug to even more serious and deadly drugs.

4) It is closely associated with witchcraft!

From GotQuestions.org: The apostle Paul lists sorcery as one of many sinful practices that mark the lives of unbelievers: “Now the works of the flesh are evident: sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife . . . and things like these. I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things will not inherit the kingdom of God” (Galatians 5:19-21).

Interestingly, the New Testament Greek word translated “sorcery” is pharmakeia, which is the source of our English word pharmacy. In Paul’s day, the word primarily meant “dealing in poison” or “drug use” and was applied to divination and spell-casting because sorcerers often used drugs along with their incantations and amulets to conjure occult power.

Sorcery is an attempt to bypass God’s wisdom and power and give glory to Satan instead. God has no tolerance for sorcery. In Deuteronomy 18:10-12, sorcery is listed among the sinful practices of the nations surrounding Israel. God calls it an abomination: “There shall not be found among you . . . anyone who practices divination or tells fortunes or interprets omens, or a sorcerer or a charmer or a medium or a necromancer or one who inquires of the dead, for whoever does these things is an abomination to the LORD. And because of these abominations the LORD your God is driving them out before you.”

5) It is graffiti’s on the name of Christ on turns unbelievers away from God.

2 Cor. 6:3 – “We give no offense in anything, that our ministry may not be blamed.”

1 Corinthians 10:32 – “Give no offense, either to the Jews or to the Greeks or to the church of God.”

2 Corinthians 4:2 – “But we have renounced the hidden things of shame, not walking in craftiness nor handling the word of God deceitfully, but by manifestation of the truth commending ourselves to every man’s conscience in the sight of God.”

Witnessing to “Magic”

Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened.--Winston Churchill

The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.--H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
vms
Site Admin

Postby zilch » Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:57 pm

Oh my. So I guess, according to Ray, smoking dope is not contrary to God's will, because it's not against the law, in my birthstate, Washington, but it's contrary to God's will in, say, California?
You were born. And so you're free. So happy birthday.
- Laurie Anderson
zilch

Postby Stoned Immaculate » Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:15 pm

That...is awesome. That must be some real sticky icky that can kill a man the first time he smokes. Top 5 post ever.
With a name like Smucker's, it has to be god.
Stoned Immaculate

Postby zilch » Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:24 pm

Stoned Immaculate wrote:That...is awesome. That must be some real sticky icky that can kill a man the first time he smokes. Top 5 post ever.

Hehe, stony, that too. I've never heard a credible story of a fatal overdose of mary jane. If that's what bothers Ray, then he should really go after crack, alcohol, and aspirin.
You were born. And so you're free. So happy birthday.
- Laurie Anderson
zilch

Postby BaldySlaphead » Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:18 pm

All despotic regimes declared respectable by Ray Comfort. Medicine branded witchcraft.
BaldySlaphead

Postby vms » Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:41 pm

Stoned Immaculate wrote:That...is awesome. That must be some real sticky icky that can kill a man the first time he smokes. Top 5 post ever.

I've seen the movie Reefer Madness, stoned at the time of course, and even they didn't have one of the high school kids die from it.

5) It is graffiti’s on the name of Christ on turns unbelievers away from God.

I was like WTF when I read that. Graffiti on the name of Christ? Unbelievers turning away from God? Haven't they already turned away from God? What the hell was Ray smoking when he wrote this post? Or at least it looks that way. :)
Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened.--Winston Churchill

The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.--H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
vms
Site Admin

Postby Stoned Immaculate » Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:35 pm

So wait, does ray believe in sorcery?
Stoned Immaculate

Postby E-lad » Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:46 pm

Stoned Immaculate wrote:So wait, does ray believe in sorcery?

Shorshery morshery. I'm working on me thirty beer daily kwota. Wee!
Life is a comedy for those who think, and a tragedy for those who feel.- Horace Walpole
E-lad

Postby Stoned Immaculate » Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:17 pm

E-lad wrote:

lol guarantee you end up like this dude u stick to this plan frogman.

Stoned Immaculate

Postby E-lad » Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:14 pm

Stoned Immaculate wrote:
E-lad wrote:

lol guarantee you end up like this dude u stick to this plan frogman.

No chance that is going to happen :lol: Eventho it did happen a couple times....like 40 some years ago,,And yes, I do remember it well...

I bet I'm not the only one!?
Life is a comedy for those who think, and a tragedy for those who feel.- Horace Walpole
E-lad

PreviousNext

Return to Living Waters & Way of the Master