Welcome to WeAreSMRT.com. Click here to register

Hovind to be released very soon

Discussion on things related to CSE, Kent & Eric Hovind, and Circular "dizzy" Sye

Hovind to be released very soon

Postby AD6LR » Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:42 am

I got an email from creationism hall of fame and they said he will be released this month to serve the remainder of his term at home.
A bad analogy is like a leaky screwdriver....
AD6LR
Site Admin

Re: Hovind to be released very soon

Postby Chris » Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:41 am

Unrepentant, unreformed criminals being let loose into society. Proof positive the prison system doesn't work.
If perchance I have offended, think but this, and all is mended, that you have but slumbered here, while a vision did appear. A Midsummer Night's Dream
Chris

Postby Weemaryanne » Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:54 pm

Chris wrote:Unrepentant, unreformed criminals being let loose into society. Proof positive the prison system doesn't work.

The criminal justice system, including the prison system, works toward different goals in different cases. Reform isn't always possible. In this case, was there any likelihood that Hovind would change his mind about either his imaginary friend or his imaginary right to not pay taxes? Sometimes all that can be done is to i) make it plain to society -- if not to the offender himself -- that a crime was committed, ii) make the offender pay to whatever extent possible, and iii) create a permanent record that will follow him for the rest of his life and make it harder for him to re-offend. A longer term wouldn't have made any difference, and besides, we reserve the longest sentences for the very worst offenders, not for the likes of Hovind.
Of course truth is stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense. (Mark Twain)
I try to be cynical, but I just can't keep up. (Lily Tomlin)
Weemaryanne

Location: Fredericton, New Brunswick, aka The Wrong End of Canada

Postby creativerealms » Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:50 pm

Weemaryanne wrote:
Chris wrote:Unrepentant, unreformed criminals being let loose into society. Proof positive the prison system doesn't work.

The criminal justice system, including the prison system, works toward different goals in different cases. Reform isn't always possible. In this case, was there any likelihood that Hovind would change his mind about either his imaginary friend or his imaginary right to not pay taxes? Sometimes all that can be done is to i) make it plain to society -- if not to the offender himself -- that a crime was committed, ii) make the offender pay to whatever extent possible, and iii) create a permanent record that will follow him for the rest of his life and make it harder for him to re-offend. A longer term wouldn't have made any difference, and besides, we reserve the longest sentences for the very worst offenders, not for the likes of Hovind.

Not to mention that on Hovind's case jail only served to strengthen his convictions and prove him right.
"If bluray came from CDs ... why are there still CDs."
creativerealms

Postby AD6LR » Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:18 am

He's out...

He posted a pic of him and Eric riding home in a van with Jim bob duggar.
A bad analogy is like a leaky screwdriver....
AD6LR
Site Admin

Postby E-lad » Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:18 pm

AD6LR wrote:He's out...

He posted a pic of him and Eric riding home in a van with Jim bob duggar.

Where did he post the picture?
Life is a comedy for those who think, and a tragedy for those who feel.- Horace Walpole
E-lad

Postby E-lad » Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:29 pm

I like to speculate about things, as you probably know, and I thought there must be a specific reason that JIm Bob was there for the ride home in light of all the people that could have gone with Eric, including his mother.
I'm betting that JB was invited by Eric to perhaps "counsel" Kent- tone it down ol' boy. Play by the rules or some such.
I'm also betting that the elder Hovind will not be 'reformed" in any meaningful way. His best course of action would be to let Eric handle the finances and let Kent re-educate the good citizens about the age of the earth and universe and other deep questions.
Life is a comedy for those who think, and a tragedy for those who feel.- Horace Walpole
E-lad

Postby Chris » Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:46 pm

I think Hovind's paranoia will be revved up several notches.

Here's a few things I've been wondering about.
1) Will Hovind keep on trying to sue the government?

2) Since Hovind jnr has abandoned Hovind's creationist scripts for presupp nonsense what will Hovind snr say? I can't see him being any too pleased.

3) Will Hovind go into full rant mode about his 'persecution'? Will he even seek revenge?
If perchance I have offended, think but this, and all is mended, that you have but slumbered here, while a vision did appear. A Midsummer Night's Dream
Chris

Postby E-lad » Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:19 pm

Chris wrote:I think Hovind's paranoia will be revved up several notches.

2) Since Hovind jnr has abandoned Hovind's creationist scripts for presupp nonsense what will Hovind snr say? I can't see him being any too pleased.

3) Will Hovind go into full rant mode about his 'persecution'? Will he even seek revenge?

Stay tuned for the next episode to find out if Kent toes the line or doubles down!

I'm betting Eric is going to lay down the law with the old man. Possibly Kent not being able to deal with playing second fiddle goes on his own. Who knows!? The guy is nuts! (both of them and Sye too.)
E-lad

Postby BeamStalk » Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:47 pm

E-lad wrote:
Chris wrote:I think Hovind's paranoia will be revved up several notches.

Stay tuned for the next episode to find out if Kent toes the line or doubles down!

I'm betting Eric is going to lay down the law with the old man. Possibly Kent not being able to deal with playing second fiddle goes on his own. Who knows!? The guy is nuts! (both of them and Sye too.)

There is too much kowtowing to your elders in the fundie world for Eric to speak up. He is going to fall in behind whatever his dad says with his tail between his legs.
The truth may be out there, but the lies are inside your head.
-Terry Pratchett, "Hogfather"
BeamStalk

Next

Return to Creation Science Evangelism