Welcome to WeAreSMRT.com. Click here to register

Want to see Eric Hovind called out his BS bible knowledge?

Discussion on things related to CSE, Kent & Eric Hovind, and Circular "dizzy" Sye

Want to see Eric Hovind called out his BS bible knowledge?

Postby UK Atheist » Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:00 pm

Here you go! Enjoy....!

http://youtu.be/kzzg7yENTtg
UK Atheist

Re: Want to see Eric Hovind called out his BS bible knowledg

Postby Stoned Immaculate » Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:37 am

That was pretty good. He's so unjustifiably cocky it's funny.
With a name like Smucker's, it has to be god.
Stoned Immaculate

Postby BeamStalk » Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:48 am

I liked the questions posed to Eric.
The truth may be out there, but the lies are inside your head.
-Terry Pratchett, "Hogfather"
BeamStalk

Postby zilch » Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:51 am

To be fair, this was akin to hunting dairy cows with a high powered rifle. Eric is no Bible scholar and also not a deep thinker. Dr. Jones is obviously both.
You were born. And so you're free. So happy birthday.
- Laurie Anderson
zilch

Postby Stoned Immaculate » Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:38 pm

It's pretty great how the other guy just wants to talk Jesus, and the gospel, but eric is more comfortable talking evolution? These weirdos have seriously created an entirely different religion based on not believing in evolution.
With a name like Smucker's, it has to be god.
Stoned Immaculate

Postby 3point14rat » Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:47 pm

I can see how someone as unthinking and brainwashed as Hovind is can believe that crap. But how does Dr. Jones still believe?

It's disturbing to see someone as thoughtful and intelligent as that believe in a god. :?
“It is morally as bad not to care whether a thing is true or not, so long as it makes you feel good, as it is not to care how you got your money as long as you have got it.” Edwin Way Teale
3point14rat

Postby zilch » Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:04 pm

3point14rat wrote:I can see how someone as unthinking and brainwashed as Hovind is can believe that crap. But how does Dr. Jones still believe?

It's disturbing to see someone as thoughtful and intelligent as that believe in a god. :?

I asked myself that too, 3point. In any case, Dr. Jones' God is a far more nuanced and scriptural God than Hovind's.
You were born. And so you're free. So happy birthday.
- Laurie Anderson
zilch

Postby 3point14rat » Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:05 pm

zilch wrote:
3point14rat wrote:I can see how someone as unthinking and brainwashed as Hovind is can believe that crap. But how does Dr. Jones still believe?

I asked myself that too, 3point. In any case, Dr. Jones' God is a far more nuanced and scriptural God than Hovind's.

I've looked on Youtube for debates involving the good Dr., but he appears to only talk to other theists. Not sure why that is since it would be a refreshing change from the parrots named Hovind, W.L. Craig, Slick, Sye, etc.

Hopefully there's info about his background and maybe other stuff on him out there on the internet. He seems like an interesting character.
“It is morally as bad not to care whether a thing is true or not, so long as it makes you feel good, as it is not to care how you got your money as long as you have got it.” Edwin Way Teale
3point14rat

Postby UK Atheist » Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:30 pm

Here is Dr Michael Jones talking to AronRa (there quite a few of them there)

http://youtu.be/F2AcxMHqDCo

And if you liked him you'll love Pastor Bob Greaves. Here's a little taster of him...

http://youtu.be/omdkrD5WB4k
UK Atheist

Postby Jessica » Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:52 pm

Doctor Jones' opinion. This is it! This is Christianity. Very much like the British Christians from my Christian days. He in unfazed by the sputtering, stuttering fundie assault. (Why can't Eric just say, you aren't a Christian?) He is in the world but not of the world. He is all, 'Jesus loves me, I don't care'. If he was more worldly, he wouldn't have the same power over all on the belief spectrum.

He talks with Christians more than atheists because atheists have to approach him, which is what Christianity is about. You have to be called to go and speak to the Christian. It shouldn't be the Christians job to approach the atheist, which is why modern Christianity standing on a box waving the Bible or sending out gimmicks in the post is not challenging up just offensive.

His talk with heavy metal atheist AronRa brought out the best in both men. AronRa comes up against someone whom doesn't constantly fire questions and then whine if he isn't being answered. He asks some clever questions and allows AronRa to step back and not have to constantly defend his position all the time and expand his position. I do like the 'Old Earth Creationist' acknowledgement and the leaning towards deism. ('Should we rule out the option of God being the Creator of it all'). ('God is like the A in Algebra, we can't say what it is, it just is')

This kind of Christianity makes me wish there was any real proof about God.

One more thing : AronRa in mellow mood. Worth a listen in itself.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?Then he is not omnipotent.Is he able, but not willing?Then he is malevolent.Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? (Epicurus circa:300 BC)
Jessica

Return to Creation Science Evangelism