Welcome to WeAreSMRT.com. Click here to register

Flogging more crap ** creepy trigger warning **

Discussion on things related to CSE, Kent & Eric Hovind, and Circular "dizzy" Sye

Flogging more crap ** creepy trigger warning **

Postby shadowmouse » Thu Oct 15, 2015 2:30 am

Awww, they're all playing dress-up:

"Get smart and I'll fuck you over -- sayeth The Lord."
-- Frank Zappa, re: Christianity's preference for perpetuation of ignorance

"I can literally tell you all to fuck off and you'll go awww." — Benedict Cumberbatch
shadowmouse

Re: Flogging more crap ** creepy trigger warning **

Postby Jessica » Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:02 pm

About the second picture, of Comfort in the t shirt.

Say you were a domestic or a plumber or an electrician, and you were attached to an agency, and someone rang and said they needed job doing and after making sure the person was legitimate, the agency chose you, and you went round with your gear and rang the doorbell and it opened and you were faced with that.

I would rather be fastened down by Iain Duncan Smith while my forehead was branded with the words BENEFITS CHEAT than cross that threshold.

My only consolation is that it could be worse. It could be the Boy Hovind wearing a shirt.

But seriously. What is the deal with that shirt? Is it saying that blank, pale man is slowly reaching up to God and once he stands up he turns green, that is, more willing to take care for the environment? I would really like to ask their designers what is the mentality behind it, but I should imagine they have been bombarded by faux serious questions from atheists and sceptics out for a laugh that they assume I'm the same. Although I'm not. Really. I would like the mind behind it to explain. I know it's probably some Fundy message, but to most western people when they see green they think, environmentalist.
I suppose green=go, that is come forward. But why are the others bowed low pale and colourless?
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?Then he is not omnipotent.Is he able, but not willing?Then he is malevolent.Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? (Epicurus circa:300 BC)
Jessica

Postby vms » Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:35 pm

I got this from the "Ray Comfort Fan Club For Atheists" fb page.

Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened.--Winston Churchill

The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.--H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
vms
Site Admin

Postby shadowmouse » Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:37 pm

Jessica wrote:My only consolation is that it could be worse. It could be the Boy Hovind wearing a shirt.

:mrgreen:
"Get smart and I'll fuck you over -- sayeth The Lord."
-- Frank Zappa, re: Christianity's preference for perpetuation of ignorance

"I can literally tell you all to fuck off and you'll go awww." — Benedict Cumberbatch
shadowmouse

Postby Jessica » Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:22 pm

Oh bloody hell, shadowmouse! Why?
Although the young woman in the picture does dilute the absolute horror a bit. Only a bit.
Oh why should God allow something so horrendous to exist?
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?Then he is not omnipotent.Is he able, but not willing?Then he is malevolent.Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? (Epicurus circa:300 BC)
Jessica

Return to Creation Science Evangelism