Welcome to WeAreSMRT.com. Click here to register

Eric gets a step-mommy

Discussion on things related to CSE, Kent & Eric Hovind, and Circular "dizzy" Sye

Eric gets a step-mommy

Postby shadowmouse » Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:24 pm

via: http://scienceblogs.com/insolence/2016/ ... literally/

That’s right. Kent Hovind, one of the world’s most famous young earth creationists and frauds (given that he went to jail for tax evasion) is marrying Marry Tocco, Michigan’s own most annoying antivaccinationist and someone about whom I’ve written several times, most recently in 2014. In the video, he goes on about how his wife and his imprisonment drove his wife away and how he blames the government for breaking up their marriage.

Of course, this is yet another example of crank magnetism. After all, Hovind is known to be antivaccine. (He even points out how he knew Tocco from her antivaccine activities and praises her work.) For example, he’s posted videos on the “dangers” of vaccines and a multipart video about how earth is being depopulated through vaccines and chemtrails.

Truly, this is a match made in crank heaven. I also can’t help but wonder if this isn’t an astoundingly savvy move to seize an opportunity for Hovind and Tocco to combine their business interests and peddle creationism pseudoscience and antivaccine quackery to the masses.
"Get smart and I'll fuck you over -- sayeth The Lord."
-- Frank Zappa, re: Christianity's preference for perpetuation of ignorance

"I can literally tell you all to fuck off and you'll go awww." — Benedict Cumberbatch
shadowmouse

Re: Eric gets a step-mommy

Postby E-lad » Tue Sep 06, 2016 3:56 am

I love these unexpected sources of entertainment. Can't wait to see how this shakes out.
Life is a comedy for those who think, and a tragedy for those who feel.- Horace Walpole
E-lad

Postby Stoned Immaculate » Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:07 pm

"The ink on your divorce isn't even dry yet, and you're getting married. You see your children on weekends? You know your oldest boy Victor was picked up in Reno for some petty theft you don't even know about."
With a name like Smucker's, it has to be god.
Stoned Immaculate

Postby the_ignored » Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:38 am

the_ignored

Postby zilch » Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:41 am

Another poster boy for creationist values.
You were born. And so you're free. So happy birthday.
- Laurie Anderson
zilch

Postby Jessica » Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:58 pm

"The ink on your divorce isn't even dry yet, and you're getting married. You see your children on weekends? You know your oldest boy Victor was picked up in Reno for some petty theft you don't even know about."

Stoned Immaculate. There is no wrong that a quote from one of the Godfather films can't put right.

But seriously.
Anti-vaccine.
Never mind all that cult leader-ish way of do as I say not as I do, and the open unashamed hypocrisy in deliberately going against the Bible's teachings that only the top men can get away with.
He is anti-vaccine.
I don't want him to die, but I want him to catch something that only a vaccine can get rid of, or stop from happening it. A good constitution is fine but there are some illness which are not so easily fought off without outside help. Through the pain and heat and confusion I want him to hear his dear little wifey saying, "we don't believe in vaccines", but at the last minute the Boy Hovind or someone wakes up to reason and sees he gets the care he needs.
Because that's what happens, to the families (usually children) of those who worship at the Gospel of anti-vaccinations. Only there is no one to rescue them.
Anti-vaccination fans are the worse thing that can happen to science.

I'm not putting anything else I don't want my words to reflect badly on you good people and the ethos of SMRT.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?Then he is not omnipotent.Is he able, but not willing?Then he is malevolent.Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? (Epicurus circa:300 BC)
Jessica

Return to Creation Science Evangelism