Welcome to WeAreSMRT.com. Click here to register

2017 - Answering Questions

We'll try to place a copy of the content that Ray puts up on his site for discussion over here (With an appropriate link and attribution of course). If you think Ray will ban your comments, post 'em here for posterity.

Re: 2017 - Answering Questions

Postby vms » Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:01 pm

https://www.facebook.com/official.Ray.C ... =3&theater
“If God does exist, how do you explain incurable genetic diseases, cancer, and needless suffering?"

If you reject the Genesis curse, nothing makes sense. The Bible says we live in a "fallen" creation--filled with disease, suffering and death.

Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened.--Winston Churchill

The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.--H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
vms
Site Admin

Postby zilch » Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:11 pm

Why does this sound vaguely familiar?
You were born. And so you're free. So happy birthday.
- Laurie Anderson
zilch

Postby vms » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:37 pm

“I have not been a perfect person at times. But, I have tried to make things right.”

If you are guilty in a criminal court of a serious crime, you can't make things right yourself. If you are guilty, there must be punishment.

Our crimes against God are so serious they demand the death penalty. All you can do is call upon the mercy of the Judge.

Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened.--Winston Churchill

The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.--H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
vms
Site Admin

Postby BeamStalk » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:38 pm

vms wrote:https://www.facebook.com/official.Ray.Comfort/photos/a.122900324397116.15609.110962898924192/1459535760733559/?type=3&theater
“I have not been a perfect person at times. But, I have tried to make things right.”

If you are guilty in a criminal court of a serious crime, you can't make things right yourself. If you are guilty, there must be punishment.

Our crimes against God are so serious they demand the death penalty. All you can do is call upon the mercy of the Judge.

I do like how he says "serious crime." He knows that our system was created for reform not punishment, yes there is some punishment as part of that reform, but he has to say "serious crime" because with a minor crime you do make up for your transgression through acts of service. Even with certain "serious crime" community service is still part of the payment.

Not too mention that according to Yahweh thinking naughty thoughts is a "serious crime".
The truth may be out there, but the lies are inside your head.
-Terry Pratchett, "Hogfather"
BeamStalk

Postby vms » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:01 pm

“If you believe the earth is 6000 years old then you deny science.”

If you believe the earth is millions or billions of years old, you merely “believe” science. You don’t “know” the age of the earth. You “trust” what you’ve been told by fallible men and the fallible dating processes. Your convictions rest entirely on blind faith.

vms
Site Admin

Postby BeamStalk » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:03 pm

vms wrote:https://www.facebook.com/official.Ray.Comfort/photos/a.122900324397116.15609.110962898924192/1466228443397624/?type=3&theater
“If you believe the earth is 6000 years old then you deny science.”

If you believe the earth is millions or billions of years old, you merely “believe” science. You don’t “know” the age of the earth. You “trust” what you’ve been told by fallible men and the fallible dating processes. Your convictions rest entirely on blind faith.

Well at least he admits he denies science.
The truth may be out there, but the lies are inside your head.
-Terry Pratchett, "Hogfather"
BeamStalk

Postby vms » Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:19 pm

“Jesus appealed to God on the cross when He himself is God, supposedly.”

When God, the omnipresent Upholder of the Universe, became a Man, He didn’t cease to be the omnipresent Upholder of the Universe.

The Bible says that Jesus was made a little lower than the angels--for the suffering of death. He became a human being, limited to time and space, and He called God His Father. So can you, if you repent and trust the Savior. Instead of God being your enemy, He can be your friend. Instead of judgment, you can have mercy. Life instead of death.

vms
Site Admin

Postby zilch » Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:42 am

I don't think Jesus had pink skin. But I guess white men have always had their own Jesus.
You were born. And so you're free. So happy birthday.
- Laurie Anderson
zilch

Postby vms » Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:14 pm

“The belief that we are sheep in need of a shepherd is disgusting and revolting to me. To consider my intellect equal to that of a sheep is an insult to my dignity.”

Only believers are likened to sheep (humble and teachable). Unbelievers are likened to goats (arrogant and stubborn).

vms
Site Admin

Postby E-lad » Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:37 pm

OK, show of hands. Who would like to be arrogant and stubborn and live your life on your own terms and as a human agent versus who wants to lead their life based on Ray Comfort's interpretation of an ancient cultural textual artifact?
Life is a comedy for those who think, and a tragedy for those who feel.- Horace Walpole
E-lad

PreviousNext

Return to Ray's Latest & Will He Ban it?