Welcome to WeAreSMRT.com. Click here to register

From, "The Evidence Bible"

We'll try to place a copy of the content that Ray puts up on his site for discussion over here (With an appropriate link and attribution of course). If you think Ray will ban your comments, post 'em here for posterity.

Re: From, "The Evidence Bible"

Postby ajbjasus » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:38 am

Full credit for keeping an eye on Comfort VMS, but I must say I can't believe how dull and hectoring this stuff is.

What on earth does it say about the mindset of folks that lap up this mind-numbing drivel day after day !
ajbjasus

Postby zilch » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:49 am

ajbja- I've had the same thought. Reminds me of having to attend church with the one (Presbyterian) or the other (Baptist) grandmother and being bored out of my skull. I would have perked up if they'd covered the fun parts of the Bible, such as the slaughter of the Amalekite babies and donkeys, or the Golden Hemorrhoids, or the men with crushed balls. But no such luck.
You were born. And so you're free. So happy birthday.
- Laurie Anderson
zilch

Postby vms » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:56 pm

https://www.facebook.com/official.Ray.C ... 6971556102

Do you like to snuggle up in a warm bed on a cold night? Do you have a favorite position for going to sleep? Have you ever woken up from a nightmare, and taken several minutes to shake off a feeling of terror?

Has your whole body suddenly “jumped” because you thought you were taking a step, just before you dropped off to sleep?

Do you get annoyed when someone asks you personal questions, or do you feel a sense of identification, because you’ve had these same experiences?

I hope you do identify with me. This is because it is the knowledge that you and I are similar that drives me to try to reach you with the gospel.

We have many of the same loves, fears, desires, and concerns. You, like me, want to enjoy the pleasures of this life. No one in his right mind wants to be unhappy, and you therefore instinctively don’t want to die. Everything within you recoils at the thought of death. It is the ultimate root-canal for which there is no painkiller outside of conversion to Jesus Christ.

So, if you don’t know the Lord, ask yourself some personal questions about me. What is my motive for pleading with you like this? I don’t get paid for doing this. I am not asking for your money, nor am I trying to get you to join a church. It is simply out of a deep concern for your eternal welfare. Please, repent and trust the Savior before death seizes on you and it is too late.

Esther 6:1 That night the king could not sleep. So one was commanded to bring the book of the records of the chronicles; and they were read before the king.
Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened.--Winston Churchill

The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.--H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
vms
Site Admin

Postby zilch » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:19 am

What is my motive for pleading with you like this? I don’t get paid for doing this.

Has Ray quit LIving Waters? Is he making leather jackets again?
- Laurie Anderson
zilch

Postby vms » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:02 pm

https://www.facebook.com/official.Ray.C ... 6024793530

God made all things with the utterance of His voice. He spoke creation into existence by His Word. Then this same “Word” became flesh and dwelt among us (see John 1:1–3). How incredible.

Max Planck, the father of Quantum Mechanics and Nobel Prize winner in physics, stated, “As a man who has devoted his whole life to the most clear headed science, to the study of matter, I can tell you as a result of my research about atoms this much: There is no matter as such. All matter originates and exists only by virtue of a force which brings the particle of an atom to vibration and holds this most minute solar system of the atom together. We must assume behind this force the existence of a conscious and intelligent mind. This mind is the matrix of all matter.”

Jeremiah 51:15 He has made the earth by His power; He has established the world by His wisdom, And stretched out the heaven by His understanding. 16 When He utters His voice There is a multitude of waters in the heavens: He causes the vapors to ascend from the ends of the earth; He makes lightnings for the rain; He brings the wind out of His treasuries.
Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened.--Winston Churchill

The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.--H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
vms
Site Admin

Postby zilch » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:23 pm

I don't know Max Planck's heart, but I somehow doubt that his intelligent force has much to do with Ray's sex-obsessed and jealous Jehovah/Jesus.
- Laurie Anderson
zilch

Postby ajbjasus » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:14 am

An odd thing for Plank to say - the original quote referes to "spirit", still odd, but subtly different to the way Comfort spins it.

"so müssen wir hinter dieser Kraft einen bewußten intelligenten Geist annehmen. Dieser Geist ist der Urgrund aller Materie"
ajbjasus

Postby vms » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:52 pm

https://www.facebook.com/official.Ray.C ... 7631366036

Here is a biblical philosophy by which we should live: “Jesus was despised and rejected by men” (see Isa. 53:3). That’s the bottom line. If we live for Him, we too will be despised and rejected by men. Anything on top of that is a bonus. When He fed multitudes and healed the sick, they loved Him. But when He spoke of sin, righteousness, and judgment, they hated Him. Jesus said that the world hated Him because He testified that its works were evil. He also said that if the world hated Him, it would hate us. When you and I do what Jesus did, we shouldn’t be surprised to get what Jesus got.

Isaiah 5:24 Therefore, as the fire devours the stubble, And the flame consumes the chaff, So their root will be as rottenness, And their blossom will ascend like dust; Because they have rejected the law of the Lord of hosts, And despised the word of the Holy One of Israel.

vms
Site Admin

Postby BeamStalk » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:50 pm

Isaiah 53 often used as a verse of prophecy about Jesus, but if you look at Isaiah 52 it is clear that Isaiah was writing about Israel as a country.

Isaiah 52:7-15

7 How beautiful on the mountains
are the feet of those who bring good news,
who proclaim peace,
who bring good tidings,
who proclaim salvation,
who say to Zion,
“Your God reigns!”
8 Listen! Your watchmen lift up their voices;
together they shout for joy.
When the Lord returns to Zion,
they will see it with their own eyes.
9 Burst into songs of joy together,
you ruins of Jerusalem,
for the Lord has comforted his people,
he has redeemed Jerusalem.
10 The Lord will lay bare his holy arm
in the sight of all the nations,
and all the ends of the earth will see
the salvation of our God.
11 Depart, depart, go out from there!
Touch no unclean thing!
Come out from it and be pure,
you who carry the articles of the Lord’s house.
12 But you will not leave in haste
or go in flight;
for the Lord will go before you,
the God of Israel will be your rear guard.
13 See, my servant will act wisely;
he will be raised and lifted up and highly exalted.
14 Just as there were many who were appalled at him—
his appearance was so disfigured beyond that of any human being
and his form marred beyond human likeness—
15 so he will sprinkle many nations,
and kings will shut their mouths because of him.
For what they were not told, they will see,
and what they have not heard, they will understand.
The truth may be out there, but the lies are inside your head.
-Terry Pratchett, "Hogfather"
BeamStalk

Postby zilch » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:10 pm

This of course is reminiscent of Matthew quoting Isaiah 7:14 as evidence for Jesus' virgin birth being foretold in the Old Testament, when it was rather (most likely) a bad translation of "almah", young woman, as "parthenos", virgin, in the Septuagint.
- Laurie Anderson
zilch

PreviousNext

Return to Ray's Latest & Will He Ban it?