Welcome to WeAreSMRT.com. Click here to register

From, "The Evidence Bible"

We'll try to place a copy of the content that Ray puts up on his site for discussion over here (With an appropriate link and attribution of course). If you think Ray will ban your comments, post 'em here for posterity.

Re: From, "The Evidence Bible"

Postby vms » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:47 pm

https://www.facebook.com/official.Ray.C ... 8594594273

“Joseph, who was to be only a servant to Pharaoh, was preferred at thirty years old; but Moses, who was to be a god to Pharaoh, was not so dignified till he was eighty years old. It is fit he should long wait for such an honor, and be long in preparing for such a service.” John Wesley

Exodus 7:7 And Moses was eighty years old and Aaron eighty-three years old when they spoke to Pharaoh.
Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened.--Winston Churchill

The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.--H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
vms
Site Admin

Postby BeamStalk » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:29 pm

vms wrote:https://www.facebook.com/official.Ray.Comfort/posts/1720928594594273

“Joseph, who was to be only a servant to Pharaoh, was preferred at thirty years old; but Moses, who was to be a god to Pharaoh, was not so dignified till he was eighty years old. It is fit he should long wait for such an honor, and be long in preparing for such a service.” John Wesley

Exodus 7:7 And Moses was eighty years old and Aaron eighty-three years old when they spoke to Pharaoh.

Where do they get that Moses was to be a God to Pharaoh?
The truth may be out there, but the lies are inside your head.
-Terry Pratchett, "Hogfather"
BeamStalk

Postby the_ignored » Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:18 am

That's what I was wondering. Pharaoh hated Moses, didn't he?
the_ignored

Postby BeamStalk » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:06 pm

the_ignored wrote:That's what I was wondering. Pharaoh hated Moses, didn't he?

I dont know if he hated him, I know YHWh had to harden Pharaoh's heart or he would have let them go earlier. Moses was lying to Pharaoh saying they were just going out into the wilderness to celebrate and were going to come back.
The truth may be out there, but the lies are inside your head.
-Terry Pratchett, "Hogfather"
BeamStalk

Postby zilch » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:24 am

Yep. I don't remember Pharaoh recanting and worshiping Jehovah anywhere in the Bible. Maybe it was a deathbed conversion, like Darwin's.

I guess you could say that since Pharaoh saw his magic snakes being eaten by Aaron's magic snakes, he must have realized that Jehovah made better snakes. But I don't know if that constitutes Moses being a god to him- just a better magician.
You were born. And so you're free. So happy birthday.
- Laurie Anderson
zilch

Postby vms » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:58 pm

https://www.facebook.com/official.Ray.C ... 4827616983

I have lost count of how many times I have heard that Christianity is a crutch for weak-minded people who cannot make it in life without faith. That may be, but we are not the only ones who need to lean on something. Do you know how many people use alcohol and drugs as a “crutch” to get them through life, or how many cannot walk into a room without clutching onto a cigarette? According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, over 22 million Americans are addicted to drug abuse and alcohol. Those sorts of crutches tend to snap and leave the patient in a worse state.

Faith in God is not like that. He will never let you down, in this short life or in the life to come. You can lean on Him. I don’t have to be concerned with the troubles of the future, because the future is in His hands. He is already there, so nothing takes Him by surprise. A “crutch” is a poor metaphor for the Savior. It is more accurate to say that faith in Jesus is a like a “parachute,” and that death is a fearful jump into eternity. The Bible tells us to “put on the Lord Jesus Christ.” You may believe that a parachute is a crutch, used by weak-minded people who cannot handle the jump by themselves. If that is the case, then I am weak-minded. I need a Savior.

Judges 16:7 And Samson said to her, If they bind me with seven fresh bowstrings, not yet dried, then I shall become weak, and be like any other man.
Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened.--Winston Churchill

The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.--H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
vms
Site Admin

Postby zilch » Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:35 pm

Jesus is not my drug of choice.
- Laurie Anderson
zilch

Postby vms » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:21 pm

https://www.facebook.com/official.Ray.C ... 7044188428

We are laboring together with God to build the everlasting house of the Lord, made up of the living stones of believers. Do you carry a burden for the lost? We should spare no expense of time, effort, or money, when it comes to reaching even one soul for Christ.

“One single soul saved shall outlive and outweigh all the kingdoms of the world.” J. C. Ryle

1 Kings 5:13 Then King Solomon raised up a labor force out of all Israel; and the labor force was thirty thousand men.14 And he sent them to Lebanon, ten thousand a month in shifts: they were one month in Lebanon and two months at home; Adoniram was in charge of the labor force.15 Solomon had seventy thousand who carried burdens, and eighty thousand who quarried stone in the mountains

vms
Site Admin

Postby ajbjasus » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:45 am

You may believe that a parachute is a crutch,

Do his followers just let this badly thought out dribble just wash over them, making Amen sounds 'cos it kinda sounds impressive.
ajbjasus

Postby zilch » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:52 am

Anyone who uses a parachute as a crutch is in dire need of a better crutch. But a crutch makes an even worse parachute.
- Laurie Anderson
zilch

PreviousNext

Return to Ray's Latest & Will He Ban it?