Welcome to WeAreSMRT.com. Click here to register

From, "The Evidence Bible"

We'll try to place a copy of the content that Ray puts up on his site for discussion over here (With an appropriate link and attribution of course). If you think Ray will ban your comments, post 'em here for posterity.

Re: From, "The Evidence Bible"

Postby vms » Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:58 pm

https://www.facebook.com/official.Ray.C ... 3474092785

When we rejoice because our names are written in heaven, we can have joy even though the fig tree fails to yield its crop, the car runs out of gas, the bank account runs dry, and the cupboard is bare. Our citizenship is in heaven. That is our true home.

“Heaven is not here, it’s There. If we were given all we wanted here, our hearts would settle for this world rather than the next. God is forever luring us up and away from this one, wooing us to Himself and His still invisible Kingdom, where we will certainly find what we so keenly long for.” Elisabeth Elliot

Habakkuk 3:17 Though the fig tree may not blossom, Nor fruit be on the vines; Though the labor of the olive may fail, And the fields yield no food; Though the flock may be cut off from the fold, And there be no herd in the stalls18 Yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will joy in the God of my salvation.19 The Lord God is my strength; He will make my feet like deers feet, And He will make me walk on my high hills. To the Chief Musician. With my stringed instruments.
Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened.--Winston Churchill

The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.--H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
vms
Site Admin

Postby vms » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:20 pm

https://www.facebook.com/official.Ray.C ... 0450664754

Unlike many whimsical drawings that depict the Ark as some kind of overgrown houseboat (with giraffes sticking out the top, for example), the Ark as described in the Bible was a big vessel. Not until relatively recent times (in the late 1800s) was a ship built—using steel—that far exceeded the capacity of Noah’s Ark.

The dimensions of the Ark are convincing for two reasons: the proportions are like that of a modern cargo ship, and it is about as large as a wooden ship can be built. The cubit gives us a good indication of size. (The cubit was defined as the length of the forearm from elbow to fingertip. Ancient cubits vary anywhere from 17.5 inches to 22 inches, with the longer sizes dominating the major ancient construc- tions. Even a conservative 18-inch cubit describes a sizable vessel.)

We know the Ark must have been at least 450 feet long, 75 feet wide, and 45 feet high. Using a longer cubit, it would have been over 500 feet in length. In the Western world, wooden sailing ships never got much longer than about 330 feet, yet much earlier the ancient Greeks were building vessels at least this size. China built huge wooden ship s in the 1400s that may have been as large as the Ark. The biblical Ark is one of the largest wooden ships of all time, a mid-sized cargo ship even by today’s standards.

The Ark had three decks (Gen. 6:16), so this gives you an idea of its overall size. With a capacity of 1.5 million cubic feet, it would have had sufficient room for all the people, animals, and supplies.

By Ken Ham and Tim Lovett, Answers in Genesis
Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened.--Winston Churchill

The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.--H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
vms
Site Admin

Postby vms » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:58 pm

https://www.facebook.com/official.Ray.C ... 6270565172

I may equate repentance to a criminal who becomes law-abiding and shows his sincerity by returning stolen goods. I perhaps will explain saving faith by differentiating it from an intellectual belief, and likening it to trusting a pilot or a parachute. I speak of the cross by explaining that it’s like a civil judge paying a criminal’s fine, thus satisfying the law and at the same time extending mercy. All these things are aimed at (with the help of God) bringing understanding to the sinner. If he doesn’t understand the gospel, he won’t value it and seek the Savior.

I then explain, “It was a legal transaction. You broke God’s Law (the Ten Commandments), and Jesus paid your fine in His life’s blood. That means that God can legally dismiss your case. You can leave the courtroom on the Day of Judgment because your fine has been paid. Does that make sense?”

Jeremiah 40:7 All who found them have devoured them; And their adversaries said, We have not offended, Because they have sinned against the Lord, the habitation of justice, The Lord, the hope of their fathers.

vms
Site Admin

Postby zilch » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:31 pm

When we rejoice because our names are written in heaven, we can have joy even though the fig tree fails to yield its crop dies out, the car planet runs out of gas, the bank account economy runs dry, and the cupboard environment is bare destroyed. Our citizenship is in heaven. That is our true home To hell with everything else.

Fixed.
You were born. And so you're free. So happy birthday.
- Laurie Anderson
zilch

Postby vms » Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:11 pm

https://www.facebook.com/official.Ray.C ... 7013616431

If there were no hell, and no ultimate justice, then the Almighty would be guilty of perverting justice.

There were approximately 200,000 homicides committed during the 1990s, only half of which were solved. That means more than 100,000 murderers were never brought to justice from 1990–2000. Think of it. In one decade over 100,000 people were stabbed, shot, strangled, poisoned, had their throats cut, etc., and the murderers got away free. If God is not going to punish them for such terrible crimes, then He is unjust.

However, the opposite is the case. God will bring to justice every secret thing, whether it is good or evil (see Ecc. 12;14). He will be so thorough, so sweeping in His justice that He will consider hatred to be murder (see 1 John 3:15) and will judge humanity right down to the thoughts and intents of the heart.

In 2001, a man in the U.S. was sentenced to twelve years in prison for conspiring to kill his wife. She was planning to take everything he had through a bitter divorce, and he decided that murdering her would solve his problem. He was caught because his hateful thoughts were made known to a hit man, who recorded them on video. True hatred conspires to murder (within the mind) and as God has access to human thought, He also considers the person guilty even if he hasn’t physically carried out the crime.

Job 8:3 Does God subvert judgment? Or does the Almighty pervert justice?

vms
Site Admin

Postby vms » Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:56 pm

https://www.facebook.com/official.Ray.C ... 0583506074

All of God’s terrible judgments against Israel were according to righteousness. He simply did what was right and just by punishing them for their sins (see Deut. 31:17). The Day of Judgment will be the ultimate Day when God manifests His righteous judgments according to the sins of humanity, right down to every idle word men speak (see Matt. 12:36). What a fearful thing it will be to fall into the hands of the Living God. We must warn this sinful world that we man present every man and woman perfect in Christ Jesus (see Col. 1:28).

Ezekiel 39:23 The Gentiles shall know that the house of Israel went into captivity for their iniquity; because they were unfaithful to Me, therefore I hid My face from them. I gave them into the hand of their enemies, and they all fell by the sword.

vms
Site Admin

Postby vms » Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:30 pm

https://www.facebook.com/official.Ray.C ... 6800072119

You forget that the hour is coming when all who are in their graves will hear His voice (see John 5:28). There is going to be a resurrection of the just and the unjust (see Acts 24:15). Every eye will see Him. The chief priests will bow the knee before Him. So will Hitler and every murderer, rapist, thief, and liar. All will bow down to Jesus Christ and confess Him as Lord of the universe (see Rom. 14:11; Phil. 2:10,11). He is the Creator of all things (see Col. 1:16), and every human being will see Him in His glory, including you. John trembled in terror when he saw the resurrected Christ, shining with a brightness greater than the sun (see Acts 26:13).

So it would be wise to stop asking whether He was a false prophet. Instead confess and forsake your sins, and put your trust in Him while He extends His mercy to sinful men and women. He has waited for 2,000 years because He is not willing that any perish, but that all come to repentance (see 2 Pet. 3:9). Everything Jesus said would happen has happened throughout history (see Matt. 24; Luke 21), and you can therefore bet your very soul that those men Jesus said would see His coming as sure as hell will see it.

Mark 14:62 Jesus said, I am. And you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Power, and coming with the clouds of heaven.

vms
Site Admin

Postby vms » Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:15 pm

https://www.facebook.com/official.Ray.C ... 5979971201

Most people are shocked to learn that the Bible doesn’t paint God as a friend of humanity. That picture doesn’t go with their image of God. But the Bible makes it clear that our sins alienate us from Him, and paints a picture of a wicked and guilty criminal before a good Judge. Col. 1:21 describes the lost as “alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works.” Rom. 8:7 says that “the carnal mind is enmity [in a state of hostility] against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be.” The unregenerate mind spits blasphemy out of an unclean mouth. We are filled with rebellion toward God, and specifically His moral Law.

Jesus said, “You are My friends if you do whatever I command you” (John 15:14, emphasis added). It is essential to note the second part of the verse. We are enemies of God as long as we are friends with this sinful world (see James 4:4,5).

2 Chronicles 20:7 Are You not our God, who drove out the inhabitants of this land before Your people Israel, and gave it to the descendants of Abraham Your friend forever?

vms
Site Admin

Postby vms » Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:11 pm

https://www.facebook.com/official.Ray.C ... 2153201917

This is one of the most commonly quoted verses in the Old Testament, but rarely is it quoted in full. This is not referring to general knowledge; people are not destroyed due to ignorance of book learning. Rather, people were destroyed through a lack of knowledge of God’s Law (v. 6). If a nation forsakes the Law of God, it has no knowledge of sin (see Rom. 7:7).

Those who have no knowledge of sin cannot repent (how can they, if they don’t know what sin is?); and if they don’t repent, the Bible warns that they will perish (Luke 13:3).

Hosea 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I also will reject you from being priest for Me; Because you have forgotten the law of your God, I also will forget your children.

vms
Site Admin

Postby vms » Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:53 pm

https://www.facebook.com/official.Ray.C ... 4869539312

“You may be now saved—completely saved, and live in the full enjoyment of that knowledge. ‘If thou seek him, he will be found of thee.’ The notion is that there are a great many very mysterious preliminaries, a great deal to do, and a great deal to be, and all quite beyond our power. It is not so, but seek him. We will tell you what that means, and he that seeks him finds him. ‘If thou seek him, he will be found of thee’” It has been supposed that we should want a good deal of help in seeking after salvation. Certain persons who step in to be absolutely necessary priests between us and God. A great delusion, but there be thousands who believe it and who fancy that God won’t hear them if they pray, except they have some respect for these human mediators. Away with the whole, away with any pretence for anyone to stand between the soul and God, save Jesus Christ. ‘If thou seek him, he will be found of thee.’” Charles Spurgeon

2 Chronicles 15:1 Now the Spirit of God came upon Azariah the son of Oded. 2 And he went out to meet Asa, and said to him: Hear me, Asa, and all Judah and Benjamin. The Lord is with you while you are with Him. If you seek Him, He will be found by you; but if you forsake Him, He will forsake you.

See James 4:8 for a confirmation of this promise.

vms
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Ray's Latest & Will He Ban it?