Welcome to WeAreSMRT.com. Click here to register

What are you drinking?

Like The Padded Room, but SFW

Re: What are you drinking?

Postby zilch » Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:42 pm

Hey abja- sounds good. But I can tell you, from personal experience with froggie in Oil City, Pennsylvania, that there is a healthy social ritual surrounding drinking in at least part of the States too. Not that alcohol doesn't have its problems as well....
You were born. And so you're free. So happy birthday.
- Laurie Anderson
zilch

Postby ajbjasus » Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:05 pm

I'm pleased to hear it. When I've been in the states and was asked out for a beer, that was it. A beer !
ajbjasus

Postby ThorGoLucky » Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:20 pm

To answer the topic question, I'm trying not to drink alcohol. Doctor's orders, but wow it's difficult. My brain keeps tricking me to stop by the pub for a couple of pints and then pick up more on the way home. Silly brain. Y*:(|)
ThorGoLucky

Postby ajbjasus » Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:30 pm

Ahh the pub. Its not just the beer though is it, its that whole comforting ritual of putting the world to rights with your pals after a crappy day at work and stress-inducing commute !
ajbjasus

Postby ThorGoLucky » Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:19 pm

ajbjasus wrote:Ahh the pub. Its not just the beer though is it, its that whole comforting ritual of putting the world to rights with your pals after a crappy day at work and stress-inducing commute !

Yes, and I have had great conversations and excellent argument practice (many woo believers in my town) at the pub. My commute is enjoyable as I ride a bike in a bike-friendly town.
ThorGoLucky

Postby lehman scott » Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:17 am

zilch wrote:Hey abja- sounds good. But I can tell you, from personal experience with froggie in Oil City, Pennsylvania, that there is a healthy social ritual surrounding drinking in at least part of the States too. Not that alcohol doesn't have its problems as well....

Oil City is one locale i am very much looking forward to having a drink or three with the Frogster in. Beth will have to drive.
Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we've been waiting for. We are the change that we seek.
- - Barack Obama

Pessimism of the Intellect; Optimism of the Will.
- - Antonio Gramsci
lehman scott

Postby 3point14rat » Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:31 pm

At this time of year restrictions on drinking are relaxed, so I've had a few Panama Jack coffees (Panama Jack is like Baileys, but made with wine.) Nice way to start a day.
“It is morally as bad not to care whether a thing is true or not, so long as it makes you feel good, as it is not to care how you got your money as long as you have got it.” Edwin Way Teale
3point14rat

Previous

Return to Free Frawl