Welcome to WeAreSMRT.com. Click here to register

Introduction to the Gospel of Mark

BS = Bible Study... Get it?

Moderator: BaldySlaphead

Re: Introduction to the Gospel of Mark

Postby E-lad » Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:17 pm

zilch wrote:freed- not that you probably don't know this already, but behind his gruff exterior, Froggie has a heart of gold.

Shhhhhhh! I've got a reputation to protect here!
Life is a comedy for those who think, and a tragedy for those who feel.- Horace Walpole
E-lad

Postby freed » Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:33 pm

zilch wrote:freed- not that you probably don't know this already, but behind his gruff exterior, Froggie has a heart of gold.

I know he has a lot of friends, so he couldn't be all gruff. I've told someone on here (don't remember who) that even after the
way he talks to me, I still like him.
To avoid deception, Christianity instructs people to study the Bible and believe what God says. Religion requires belief in what man says God says. When people without discernment, submit to men who are naturally prone to error, they are easily deceived
freed

Postby E-lad » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:49 pm

Awe, c'mon now! Now I feel like shit!
Life is a comedy for those who think, and a tragedy for those who feel.- Horace Walpole
E-lad

Postby BeamStalk » Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:16 am

E-lad wrote:Awe, c'mon now! Now I feel like shit!

No worries, it matches your looks.

Mark being first does have some importance, particularly with its ending. I assume we will get to that when we get to it.

Yes, Matthew and Luke copy directly from Mark. John was written much later than the other three and to say the others had no influence on it is like saying homo sapiens didn't mate with neanderthals. But there were many other texts that were also about, each had their own point to make and their own spins on what or who Jesus was and wasn't. The earliest writings are of course from Paul, but even then we are missing a lot of what he wrote and to assume he only sent one letter to large city at a time is also quite daft. There is so much more that we don't know compared to what we do know, but that is the way of things.
The truth may be out there, but the lies are inside your head.
-Terry Pratchett, "Hogfather"
BeamStalk

Previous

Return to SMRT BS