Welcome to WeAreSMRT.com. Click here to register

Finishing up chapter 3

BS = Bible Study... Get it?

Moderator: BaldySlaphead

Finishing up chapter 3

Postby Milo » Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:19 pm

31 There came then his brethren and his mother, and, standing without, sent unto him, calling him.
32 And the multitude sat about him, and they said unto him, Behold, thy mother and thy brethren without seek for thee.
33 And he answered them, saying, Who is my mother, or my brethren?
34 And he looked round about on them which sat about him, and said, Behold my mother and my brethren!
35 For whosoever shall do the will of God, the same is my brother, and my sister, and mother.

Nothing much to say about these verses, except for the fact Jesus mentions siblings and a mother but no father. Curious. Is this an allusion to the fact Jesus had no earthly father? Or that no one can be father but God?
Stop doubting and beleive Milo. Then everything will make sense.
Milo

Re: Finishing up chapter 3

Postby zilch » Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:48 pm

Ah, the old "you are my family" shtick. Probably goes back much further than Jesus.
You were born. And so you're free. So happy birthday.
- Laurie Anderson
zilch

Re: Finishing up chapter 3

Postby Tilia » Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:56 pm

Milo wrote:Nothing much to say about these verses, except for the fact Jesus mentions siblings and a mother but no father. Curious. Is this an allusion to the fact Jesus had no earthly father? Or that no one can be father but God?

I think it's probably a lot more trivial: If Jesus is about thirty and his father was older than Mary when Jesus was born (which is quite likely) he's probably dead by now.
Skäms inte för att du är människa, var stolt!
Inne i dig öppnar sig valv bakom valv oändligt
Du blir aldrig färdig, och det är som det skall. Tomas Tranströmer

Whoever wants to be a Christian should tear the eyes out of his reason. Martin Luther
Tilia

Return to SMRT BS