Welcome to WeAreSMRT.com. Click here to register

Stalin's Little Helper and More

A place to show the creative side of SMRT. Post your poetry, photography and creative works here.

Stalin's Little Helper and More

Postby Jessica » Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:09 pm

Stalin's Little Helper

Based on the I Like Turtles video meme

Only instead of I Like Turtles the kid says, I like Stalin, and the trouble leading from it, his parents must be secret Communists, leading him astray, and it's all over the papers and questions are asked and answers not given and child protection is involved.

The Adventures of George Bailey, Who Was Never Born

Based on the beloved seasonal film It's A Wonderful Life

You know the tale. Saviour of the town George Bailey gets his wish he'd never been born and how horrible the town is (even has a different name) with it's own built in brothel and too many gravestones? How he stands on the bridge and sobs, "I want to be live again". Because he realises how much good one man could do.
But suppose he doesn't.
Suppose at the end he says to that damn silly little trainee angel (I've just upset a lot of people now I know but artistic licence and all that. Plus he didn't do anything. It was human love and good hard cash saved George from prison) "I don't want to be born".
"Eh?" Says Clarence (aka the damn silly little trainee angel).
"No." George stands up and straightens his coat. "I'm fine as I am. After all, I wanted to leave the town, leave it all behind, and if my Dad hadn't died, I would have gone. Well, I can now."
"George, I think you're missing the point. . ."
"What point? I can't do anything about it. It's too late. I don't exist. It's marvellous."
"But. . .the police are on their way. You're going to be arrested."
"What? Arrest a man who doesn't exist?" He does a child like twirl of absolute delight. "I'm more like you now. I live outside time. How can they keep in gaol? I can just walk out. I'm no longer bound by petty within time rules."
And he turns and walks through the approaching police car and off into the cold darkness.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?Then he is not omnipotent.Is he able, but not willing?Then he is malevolent.Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? (Epicurus circa:300 BC)
Jessica

Return to SMRTist's Studio