Welcome to WeAreSMRT.com. Click here to register

Attention All SMRTies! New SMRTiversary Contest!

A place to show the creative side of SMRT. Post your poetry, photography and creative works here.

Attention All SMRTies! New SMRTiversary Contest!

Postby Weemaryanne » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:08 pm

SMRTeeez and gentlemen!

I have an announcement to make.

Whateverman's recent complaint about not getting a welcome verse from your 'umble versifier, had the unfortunate effect of inspiring me. But don't blame him.

I had an idea for a contest in celebration of our upcoming two-year SMRTiversary (December 17th, if you recall):

Win Your Own Custom-Crafted Verse From Weemaryanne!

Rules are as follow:

1) I'm going to write a verse in honour of each of our noble and long-suffering admins/mods: WEM, Vagon, BathTub and MacGyverJr.

2) I will publish all of these on December 17th.

3) In the meantime, anyone who wishes to participate should post on this thread, telling me why you deserve to have me compose some doggerel in YOUR honour.

4) The one who posts the most amusing/ quirky/ pathetic/ passionate/ meme-riddled/ otherwise notable reason (as judged by Yours Truly) will win the competition.

5) Deadline is December 17th, midnight, Eastern.

5) The winner gets their own congratulatory verse, to be posted by December 31st.

5a) The winner may, if s/he wishes, suggest a word to be rhymed and if possible, I will accommodate. No promises on this, though.

I hereby ask WEM (or other admin) to make this a sticky thread until the contest is over.

Let the begging begin!
Last edited by Weemaryanne on Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Of course truth is stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense. (Mark Twain)
God Hates Figs. (Mark 11:12-14)
It's getting worse. (Weemaryanne)
Weemaryanne

Location: Moving to Fredericton, New Brunswick. It's a long story.

Re: Attention All SMRTies! New SMRTiversary Contest!

Postby Vagon » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:31 pm

Stickied as requested

Woohoo my own verse!
"Jesus said its gonna be alright; he's gonna pack my bags so I can walk in the light; you don't mind if I abuse myself so I can hold my head up?" The Choirboys
Vagon
Site Admin

Postby E-lad » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:50 pm

Wee,

I hope you don't plan to go public with all the times that I have asked you to come and spend a few days with Beth and I?
And all the times that I told you how much I would love to comfort you when you are at ill?

I beseach you to not divulge our secret and most intimate moments! But if you do.....ftw. 8-)

And if I don't get a special poem, I understand that you can't do it, such that you will expose yourself as my most beloved lil contrarian girl friend on the entire internet. I'm sure you know what I mean.

Having said that, if you do not recognize my long lasting friendship, I will turn on you and cme up to Canada and do something abut it. You might even like it,,,,, but no matter...... Ahem.... Your friend, Dale.
Life is a comedy for those who think, and a tragedy for those who feel.- Horace Walpole
E-lad

Postby E-lad » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:55 pm

Wee,

Ignore all the dweebs that will try to charm you. It is only me that is the real deal.........You an me, Wee.
Life is a comedy for those who think, and a tragedy for those who feel.- Horace Walpole
E-lad

Postby Whateverman » Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:28 am

If frogs could rub your leg, this thread would get slimy real quick...
"Polymath" means "having learned much"; the correct word for "having failed to learn much" is simply "Ray".
Baldy Slaphead
Whateverman
Site Admin

Postby MacGyverJr » Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:12 pm

Wow, I'm touched (and not in a creepy way)

Thank you
Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit.

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities - Voltaire
MacGyverJr
Site Admin

Postby IntellectualNinja » Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:19 pm

This is great that it will coincide with the next NES/Game hacking contest which will happen as soon as I finish up the thread on the idiots guide to NES hacking. At this point, most of what I'm writing will go over people's heads like a 747, but I'm hoping the uber-geeks will find it useful.
Officially "A fundie of a different stripe."
IntellectualNinja

Postby Benjamin Franklin » Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:47 pm

OK Wee,

It's getting near crunch time, so I'm here to make my case.

You can right a wrong.
You can undo an injustice
You can rectify a rectum.

Bottom line - I was slighted.

I never made it into the original Raytractors poster.

Q said he was going to update it when we became SMRT, but didn't include any new people.

Last year he said he was going to revamp it, but never did.

So,
If I've provided a chuckle or two for you,
If I've presented something new,
If I've made you happy from blue,
Please personalize a verse that's true.

Because I'm no rhymer, so adieu.

Sincerely,
Benjamin Franklin

Postby Weemaryanne » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:18 am

Okay, that's one charming and amusing application from Ben F and multiple thoroughly pathetic whines from E-lad. Well, at least Dale won't win by default.

Alas, I'm behind on everything right now so I've extended the contest until December 31st.
Of course truth is stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense. (Mark Twain)
God Hates Figs. (Mark 11:12-14)
It's getting worse. (Weemaryanne)
Weemaryanne

Location: Moving to Fredericton, New Brunswick. It's a long story.

Postby E-lad » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:48 am

Weemaryanne wrote:Okay, that's one charming and amusing application from Ben F and multiple thoroughly pathetic whines from E-lad. Well, at least Dale won't win by default.

Alas, I'm behind on everything right now so I've extended the contest until December 31st.

I shall surely perish of despair if I don't win........................ :(
E-lad

Next

Return to SMRTist's Studio