Welcome to WeAreSMRT.com. Click here to register

Martial arts...does that count?

A place to show the creative side of SMRT. Post your poetry, photography and creative works here.

Martial arts...does that count?

Postby alphgeek » Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:52 am

This is my gold medal fight at the recent Australian national taekwondo championships...I won the masters red belt heavyweight division. I'm in blue. It's not exactly a showcase of the beauty of the sport, that's what happens when old, fat heavyweights fight though.

The stoppages are because I copped a punch in the throat and then two low kicks, the second of which had me lying on the ground heaving. I also tore a hammie which has put me out for eight weeks. Fun and games...

The fundamental cause of trouble in the world today is that the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
-- Bertrand Russell
alphgeek

Re: Martial arts...does that count?

Postby E-lad » Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:50 am

Yeah, that counts.
Note to self- don't piss off Alpha.
Life is a comedy for those who think, and a tragedy for those who feel.- Horace Walpole
E-lad

Postby BathTub » Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:18 am

Hell yeah it counts, besides do think any of us are going to say No! after that?

Keek 'im!
BathTub
Site Admin

Postby Stoned Immaculate » Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:13 am

Oh man, that high kick by your opponent at 4:05 coulda been nasty alph! Nicely done, I hope to never throw down in fisticuffs with you. Having never been in a fight, I don't think it would end well for me.
With a name like Smucker's, it has to be god.
Stoned Immaculate

Postby alphgeek » Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:08 pm

Yeah that was a beautiful axe kick....if he'd connected I would have been KTFO. My tank was just about empty at that point. I have to get a lot fitter for next year.
The fundamental cause of trouble in the world today is that the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
-- Bertrand Russell
alphgeek

Return to SMRTist's Studio