Welcome to WeAreSMRT.com. Click here to register

A "rapture ready" person actually being sensible about Moore

A place to talk about specific theists and our interactions with 'em. Should we engage or dismiss? Are there effective strategies?

A "rapture ready" person actually being sensible about Moore

Postby the_ignored » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:20 am

I can't believe it. A person with empathy and sense on Rapture Ready??

Spend some time reading stories of those who have been raped/molested/groped/assaulted. It is a terrifying and violating experience which everyone deals with differently. They don't owe anyone a "proper" way of dealing with their trauma, or sharing it. They are doing the best they can. God bless them.

I believe women when they speak out about their experiences, because I know how much is thrown at them for it. From being called liars, to having to relive their trauma, to having people dictate to them how they should have dealt with it. There is very little to gain from speaking out. If anything, it is like being assaulted again, when all you want is help/justice. But they do speak out because they feel it is the right thing to do. And support is among the most important things you can have. When victims start to speak, they empower others to come forward. Keep your victims silent and divided, and no one will know what you've done.

Here's the thing too: A man sexually assaulted a minor and got away with it. Not only did he get away with it, but he will be in a position of great power. There is no justice in this. The scars haven't healed. And we need to support those who have been hurt. Not the person who has dealt the pain, no matter how Christian we believe he is.

I would like to believe those on RR with 14-year-old daughters would be none-too-pleased with a 30+ year old male being interested in them. I doubt you'd think that man was "young and stupid".

We need to be better than this.

Naturally, he's in the minority opinion...
the_ignored

Re: A "rapture ready" person actually being sensible about M

Postby Chris » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:34 am

Could people like him spell the end of rapture ready? We can but hope.
If perchance I have offended, think but this, and all is mended, that you have but slumbered here, while a vision did appear. A Midsummer Night's Dream
Chris

Return to Care and Feeding of Recalcitrant, Incorrigible Fundies