Welcome to WeAreSMRT.com. Click here to register

Rapture Ready contradiction?

A place to talk about specific theists and our interactions with 'em. Should we engage or dismiss? Are there effective strategies?

Rapture Ready contradiction?

Postby the_ignored » Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:13 pm

Here's something: From the "Rapture Ready" site:

http://www.raptureready.com/2016/07/19/memorandum/
"At the same time, God will allow strong delusion to come over all who heard the Gospel before the Rapture, but, fully understanding the offer of salvation, refused to accept Christ. These will believe Antichrist’s and Satan’s, lies. (2 Thes. 2: 11-12)"

Problem? Here they say that this time will be a great soul-winning time among those who had previously rejected the gospel.
http://www.raptureready.com/2016/07/19/ ... ure-ready/

"At first, it is going to be very difficult for new believers to find their footing. Because every born-again believer will be taken in the rapture, the tribulation saints will have an extremely steep learning curve. It is quite ironic that many people who will have loathed the Christian faith before the rapture will become devoted followers during the tribulation hour. Because the tribulation will be hell on earth, there is hope that even the most stubborn of sinners will be forced to admit he or she needs a savior. In the following section, I’ve selected a group of celebrities who are known to be atheists, or who are hostile toward the Christian faith. The internet is so clogged with information, I don’t expect any of these individuals to ever read my comments about them, and I obviously have no way to guarantee that the rapture will cause them to come to the truth. I entitled this article “Future Employees of Rapture Ready” because I hope some of them will undergo a life change similar to what Paul experienced on the road to Damascus."

Todd then lists a few atheists. Does the guy not know his own bible? At best, if the bible is to be taken as accurate, it would imply only that those who hadn't really made any decisions about accepting christ would get this second chance.
the_ignored

Re: Rapture Ready contradiction?

Postby Chris » Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:25 am

What I would really, really love is for the rapture to happen but not include ANY of the rapture ready crowd. Loved to see how they explained that.
If perchance I have offended, think but this, and all is mended, that you have but slumbered here, while a vision did appear. A Midsummer Night's Dream
Chris

Postby zilch » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:02 am

Chris- as long as I'm raptured. I assume that means transported to Planet X with eternal sex. And occasional chips, salsa, and beer.
You were born. And so you're free. So happy birthday.
- Laurie Anderson
zilch

Postby Chris » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:02 am

zilch wrote:Chris- as long as I'm raptured. I assume that means transported to Planet X with eternal sex. And occasional chips, salsa, and beer.

Well that goes without saying. No point in being raptured otherwise.
If perchance I have offended, think but this, and all is mended, that you have but slumbered here, while a vision did appear. A Midsummer Night's Dream
Chris

Postby zilch » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:47 am

And there should be music there too.
You were born. And so you're free. So happy birthday.
- Laurie Anderson
zilch

Return to Care and Feeding of Recalcitrant, Incorrigible Fundies