Welcome to WeAreSMRT.com. Click here to register

North Korea

Societal values are pushed / squashed by political activity. Is the influence of religion increasing? Is skepticism being deemphasized? Help us understand it all...

North Korea

Postby E-lad » Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:59 am

I have noticed that we the SMRTies are somewhat divided over recent politics and that is more than OK. But after many years of being lined up on issues involving the religious right, times and politics change and so do people. In fact, I think we aren't writing much about politics since we just don't want to get into a brouhaha of any kind with our friends, and I just wanted to get that out there. It's a bit like the fact that there are some things that Ms Froggie and I disagree over, but I am married to her, not DJT. And I like to think that I have a certain LTR with you guys, even tho the traffic and friends showing up here have drastically dwindled. And that in itself is no concern since people move on all the time and there is far less interest in the religious right now than there was in 2008.

So. with no care about politics of any party I just wanted to say something about how I would handle North Korea at this time, and that thing is that we should shoot down each and every missile those bastards launch and keep shooting them down until they are broke. I don't think China or anyone else would have a leg to stand on in opposing us since NK has said on many occasions that they are trying to increase their range to hit the USA.
What more threat do we need to wait for......for them to announce that a missile is headed to LA?

We are presently setting up a missile defense system in South Korea and I say- USE IT!

What say you?
Life is a comedy for those who think, and a tragedy for those who feel.- Horace Walpole
E-lad

Re: North Korea

Postby zilch » Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:04 pm

That's a hard call, froggie. I'd rather use peaceful incentives to get North Korea back to reason, but of course that's been tried and it doesn't work too well- the dictatorship is just too profitable. I really don't know what we should do there.
You were born. And so you're free. So happy birthday.
- Laurie Anderson
zilch

Postby E-lad » Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:45 pm

zilch wrote:That's a hard call, froggie. I'd rather use peaceful incentives to get North Korea back to reason, but of course that's been tried and it doesn't work too well- the dictatorship is just too profitable. I really don't know what we should do there.

Yeah, I was feeling pretty hawkish when I wrote that.......
Life is a comedy for those who think, and a tragedy for those who feel.- Horace Walpole
E-lad

Postby E-lad » Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:49 pm

Yeah, I pretty much changed my mind on this since I think China could tighten the screws on NK if they get motivated, but what will it take is the question.
E-lad

Postby BeamStalk » Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:18 am

Eventually, they will get a leader without charisma and then it will all go to hell there. Of course China getting involved could hasten their demise, but I am of the leave them alone in their crazy until the wheels fall off and the peasants get tired of pulling the wagon, unless of course they get really crazy and actually strike out.
The truth may be out there, but the lies are inside your head.
-Terry Pratchett, "Hogfather"
BeamStalk

Postby Chris » Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:28 am

There has been a lot of speculation that North Korea is a nation headed for a fall. With the rise of the internet and traffic to and from South Korea the North Koreans can see the type of life they could have. Think Communist Russia. With the advent of colour TV the Russians could see the lifestyle of the west. All of a sudden the way their country did things didn't seem all that great by comparison. Doesn't bode well for the longevity of the North Korean government.
If perchance I have offended, think but this, and all is mended, that you have but slumbered here, while a vision did appear. A Midsummer Night's Dream
Chris

Postby zilch » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:15 am

It's hard to know how to deal with loose cannon, as of course the North Korean regime has been for many years. It still amazes me how intelligent people (for instance, the rocket scientists) can go along with such obvious stupidity, but talking with friends in Romania, which of course had a similarly loose cannon as president not so long ago, convinced me that even intelligent people will go along with crazy dictators if the alternative is jail or death.
You were born. And so you're free. So happy birthday.
- Laurie Anderson
zilch

Return to Politics 'n' Stuff