Welcome to WeAreSMRT.com. Click here to register

Human Cub

We all need to smile now and then, and things we find online can bring some joy. Post the things that you find here so we can all join in your smiles.

Human Cub

Postby E-lad » Sun May 07, 2017 12:43 pm

On my son's refrigerator door reside the obligatory set of "magnets" which support that cluster of random stuff.
Except for one magnet. It is a molded soft plastic butterfly with magnet imbedded and it resides inside the fridge. "Why?" you may ask. I don't know why, but I do know how it gets in there at the very same exact spot every time I move it to the front of the door.

This has been going on now for over a month and my grandson started the whole thing by putting that one magnet inside the fridge. When ever I noticed it I would move it, but invariably every time I go back, there it is in it's place inside the fridge. It's happened at least 20- 25 times. I've even been sitting there watching him when he discovers it on the door and returns it to it's rightful spot. Not a word or glance is exchanged but I can see him look at it rather curiously for a deliberate moment before putting it inside the fridge. He's just turned two and I'm wondering if he could be trying to figure out how it keeps getting on the door.

Just one of those funny little things that make life interesting for me.
Life is a comedy for those who think, and a tragedy for those who feel.- Horace Walpole
E-lad

Re: Human Cub

Postby zilch » Mon May 08, 2017 7:27 am

He doesn't want that butterfly to get away. Or maybe he wants to put it where it's got something to eat.
You were born. And so you're free. So happy birthday.
- Laurie Anderson
zilch

Re: Human Cub

Postby E-lad » Mon May 08, 2017 4:47 pm

zilch wrote:He doesn't want that butterfly to get away. Or maybe he wants to put it where it's got something to eat.

Perhaps. I wonder if he is wondering how it got back out on the door, or in some way thinking his magnet possesses some degree of sentience, that it goes back there by itself. The look on his face attests to some degree of assessment. But that's me. Always wondering.
Life is a comedy for those who think, and a tragedy for those who feel.- Horace Walpole
E-lad

Return to The Happyness