Welcome to WeAreSMRT.com. Click here to register

Hammy No Longer a Whovian

Discussion on things related to AiG and Ken Ham

Hammy No Longer a Whovian

Postby vms » Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:57 am

I know Ken Ham is a big Dr Who fan. Well the real world has come crashing down around him. Poor little snowflake, he's going to have to get rid of his toy Daleks.

https://www.facebook.com/aigkenham/post ... 3336488351
Well it seems I will no longer be a Whovian! Doctor Who is following in the footsteps of Obama, Hollywood, Disney, and the Supreme Court--it's anti-biblical but not unexpected.

While it is sad -- but not surprising from the world -- this reminds me that we need to teach our kids not to be so in love with the world because we will be disappointed at some point.

Doctor Who gets its first openly gay full-time companion
Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened.--Winston Churchill

The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.--H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
vms
Site Admin

Re: Hammy No Longer a Whovian

Postby Stoned Immaculate » Sun Apr 02, 2017 2:29 pm

Nice reminder he's not just a dummy, he's also an asshole.
With a name like Smucker's, it has to be god.
Stoned Immaculate

Postby creativerealms » Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:50 pm

Wait wait he was willing to deal with bisexual Jack Harkness but this is too much for him? That's just dumb.
"If bluray came from CDs ... why are there still CDs."
creativerealms

Postby vms » Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:18 pm

creativerealms wrote:Wait wait he was willing to deal with bisexual Jack Harkness but this is too much for him? That's just dumb.

Even his followers are pointing that out.
https://www.facebook.com/aigkenham/post ... 22R9%22%7D
Jeff Starkey Speaking as a long time Whovian... And still one, Bill notwithstanding... You're just having an issue with the show NOW? After two homosexual producers and the randy "omni-sexual" companion, Captain Jack Harkness, you've decided that BILL is a major problem??
Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened.--Winston Churchill

The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.--H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
vms
Site Admin

Postby the_ignored » Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:06 pm

Always remember: screenshots. I doubt those who question Ham will have their remarks up for very long. So yeah. Ham will no longer watch some science fiction show because they dare show homosexuals as human beings. Fuck him.

The original post

Some people's responses:

Of course Ham's supporters have some responses. Here's some relating to that first guy. Note the old "the OT commands were for a different people at a different time", and the "jesus fulfulled the OT prophecies so they no longer apply" themes there. If that's true, when why do xians go so nuts over the "10 commandments"?
Last edited by the_ignored on Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
the_ignored

Postby zilch » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:06 am

Actually, it's kinda cute that Ken was a Whovian. His reason for recanting is not so cute.
You were born. And so you're free. So happy birthday.
- Laurie Anderson
zilch

Postby vms » Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:00 pm

When I read this article I thought of Hammy.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/art ... b2569d7b78
‘More than an honor’: Jodie Whittaker becomes the first woman cast in ‘Doctor Who’ lead role

British actress Jodie Whittaker will be the first woman to play the lead in “Doctor Who.” (Max Nash/AFP/Getty Images)

Ever since the British sci-fi TV series “Doctor Who” premiered in 1963, the lead role of the Time Lord has always been played by a male actor — until now.

Jodie Whittaker will take up the title role and depict the 13th Time Lord starting on Christmas Day, BBC announced Sunday.

The cult classic is practically a British cultural institution, and the announcement of the next actor to play “The Doctor” was such a big deal that it came right at the conclusion of the Wimbledon men’s tennis final.

On the series, a Time Lord referred to simply as “The Doctor” escaped from the planet Gallifrey on a machine that looks like a British police telephone booth, and travels through space and time. Each new “doctor” represents a reincarnation of the previous one — and a man has always played the role, both during its initial 26-year run and in the more recent revival.

“It’s more than an honor to play the Doctor. It means remembering everyone I used to be, while stepping forward to embrace everything the Doctor stands for: hope,” Whittaker told the BBC.

Whittaker also made note of the historic nature of the casting news.

“It feels completely overwhelming, as a feminist, as a woman, as an actor, as a human, as someone who wants to continually push themselves and challenge themselves, and not be boxed in by what you’re told you can and can’t be,” she told the BBC, adding that she doesn’t want fans to be “scared” by a woman playing “The Doctor.”

“This is a really exciting time, and ‘Doctor Who’ represents everything that’s exciting about change,” she said. “The fans have lived through so many changes, and this is only a new, different one, not a fearful one.”

The 12th doctor is played by Peter Capaldi, and according to BBC, he had wanted to see a woman pick up the mantle. “She has above all the huge heart to play this most special part,” he said of Whittaker. “She’s going to be a fantastic Doctor.”

Whittaker starred in the British crime drama “Broadchurch,” created by Chris Chibnall, who now serves as the new showrunner for “Doctor Who.”

“I always knew I wanted the 13th Doctor to be a woman, and we’re thrilled to have secured our number one choice,” Chibnall told BBC. “Her audition for the Doctor simply blew us all away. Jodie is an in-demand, funny, inspiring, supersmart force of nature and will bring loads of wit, strength and warmth to the role.”

Must Reads

5 stories you can't afford to miss, every Saturday.

This departure from the way the series has been previously cast comes amid ongoing calls for greater diversity on the small and big screen — and also controversy over gender-flipping roles. For instance, an all-female “Ghostbusters” drew the ire of angry, male fans who stormed YouTube and made the film’s trailer the most disliked movie trailer ever on the site.

Changes of any kind to beloved movies or TV shows always set off intense arguments among fans. Social secretary of the Doctor Who Appreciation Society Erica Lear told the Guardian the casting news “will spark debate and split fandom. There will be lots of people not happy with the decision but it’s up to the new series to change their mind.”

Lear didn’t expect this choice but called it “brave” and said Whittaker is “a brilliant actress.”

“My only wish was that we have a good actor and that is what we have, so very excited,” she added.

The “Doctor Who” announcement on Sunday was met with plenty of applause, and minimal blowback on Twitter.

As for me I'm taking a wait and see attitude. When the Battlestar Galactica reboot was announced they said that Starbuck was going to be female. I was not happy. But Katee Sackhoff did do a damn good job.

vms
Site Admin

Return to Answers in Genesis