Welcome to WeAreSMRT.com. Click here to register

Ray's new movie, eh?

Discussion on things related to LW, WotM, Ray Comfort, Kirk Cameron, and Tony Miano

Ray's new movie, eh?

Postby the_ignored » Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:29 pm

Well, about Ray's new movie, I posted over on their facebook page for it.

This is what I said:

Hah. Already got a reply. Not that "Genesis Veracity" has anything to say:
the_ignored

Re: Ray's new movie, eh?

Postby lehman scott » Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:20 pm

Great job as usual, t_i! Y*:-BD Keep holding that ignorant little twerp's feet to the fire!

I'm quite impressed that you've drawn the fire of the Genesis Veracity Foundation. I'm not sure how long they've been around, but I'm pretty sure they've got some big bucks behind them. I first learned of them a couple of years ago when they started running Creationist advertising propaganda spots on pretty much all of my local right-wing radio stations. Keep the heat turned up on those mindless bastards as long as you can, too, Sir!

Way to go, Reynold! Y*\M/
Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we've been waiting for. We are the change that we seek.
- - Barack Obama

Pessimism of the Intellect; Optimism of the Will.
- - Antonio Gramsci
lehman scott

Postby the_ignored » Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:23 pm

lehman scott wrote:Great job as usual, t_i! Y*:-BD Keep holding that ignorant little twerp's feet to the fire!

I'm quite impressed that you've drawn the fire of the Genesis Veracity Foundation. I'm not sure how long they've been around, but I'm pretty sure they've got some big bucks behind them. I first learned of them a couple of years ago when they started running Creationist advertising propaganda spots on pretty much all of my local right-wing radio stations. Keep the heat turned up on those mindless bastards as long as you can, too, Sir!

Way to go, Reynold! Y*\M/

Until I saw that link, I thought that it was just one person who chose that as a username.
the_ignored

Postby the_ignored » Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:05 pm

I just realized that this Myers post is probably referring to this newest Comfort movie.
the_ignored

Postby lehman scott » Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:20 am

the_ignored wrote:Until I saw that link, I thought that it was just one person who chose that as a username.

Nope, not a person, a foundation (although I suppose a regular person could be using the affiliation without them know, i don't know if they have a Facebook presence or not). In the Creationist community GVF plays what seems to me to be a rather unique role: instead of focusing on public ministries like AiG or DI, et al, they seem to prefer to function off in the background supporting those other ministries financially and in other ways, such as the radio advertising that caught my attention. There's probably more to them than that, but that's the impression they left on me.
Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we've been waiting for. We are the change that we seek.
- - Barack Obama

- - Antonio Gramsci
lehman scott

Postby the_ignored » Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:54 am

Yep, I posted about PZ Myer's being interviewed by Comfort over on the movie facebook page itself as well as on the Living Waters page.

the_ignored

Postby zilch » Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:55 am

I'll second lehman, reynold: you're doing yeoman's work. I don't know where you get the patience and energy to do this.

If you two will forgive me, and absolve me of any responsibility for what may happen to your IQs if you watch more than a minute or so, I must post the illuminating clip on the Illuminati that "Guidance to Humanity" cited above. It contains, in an admirably concentrated form, just about every false belief about evolution, and every common failure of logic, and quite a few spelling and grammatical errors as well. Let's just hope this guy doesn't have access to weapons- or voting booths.

You were born. And so you're free. So happy birthday.
- Laurie Anderson
zilch

Postby lehman scott » Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:26 am

zilch wrote:I'll second lehman, reynold: you're doing yeoman's work. I don't know where you get the patience and energy to do this.

If you two will forgive me, and absolve me of any responsibility for what may happen to your IQs if you watch more than a minute or so, I must post the illuminating clip on the Illuminati that "Guidance to Humanity" cited above. It contains, in an admirably concentrated form, just about every false belief about evolution, and every common failure of logic, and quite a few spelling and grammatical errors as well. Let's just hope this guy doesn't have access to weapons- or voting booths.

...or women. We really don't want to encourage him and his ilk to procreate.
- - Barack Obama

- - Antonio Gramsci
lehman scott

Postby zilch » Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:31 am

I actually thought of saying that too, lehman, but then it struck me that perhaps belief in the Illuminati is not necessarily genetic.
You were born. And so you're free. So happy birthday.
- Laurie Anderson
zilch

Postby the_ignored » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:32 pm

lehman scott wrote:
the_ignored wrote:Until I saw that link, I thought that it was just one person who chose that as a username.

Nope, not a person, a foundation (although I suppose a regular person could be using the affiliation without them know, i don't know if they have a Facebook presence or not). In the Creationist community GVF plays what seems to me to be a rather unique role: instead of focusing on public ministries like AiG or DI, et al, they seem to prefer to function off in the background supporting those other ministries financially and in other ways, such as the radio advertising that caught my attention. There's probably more to them than that, but that's the impression they left on me.

I like that word he uses: "Syngameon". It is a real word, apparently. I guess it's the new "kinds"?
the_ignored

Next

Return to Living Waters & Way of the Master