Welcome to WeAreSMRT.com. Click here to register

I HATE WIMMEN

Tony has been expelled from LW and is now on his own as a wild adult fundie! Watch as he grows and develops here!

I HATE WIMMEN

Postby Azou » Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:26 am

Damn, dog

I didn't think women doing open-air preaching was so uh...contentious. I know Steve Sanchez will make a post every so often about his daughters doing open air stuff or showing pictures of them doing open air when they were very young. Trish does open air, doesn't she? This never struck me as a thing until Tony opened his yap.

Not surprising. Tony has a misogynistic streak a mile wide, and I guess his nonstop abortion ranting has made him feel more comfortable sharing more of his feelings regarding women and how audacious they are for thinking they're also people. The repost of his "The Man Who Will Buy Marry My Property Daughter" is another good sign of this.
"Once the rockets are up, who cares where they come down?
That's not my department," says Wernher von Braun.
Azou

Re: I HATE WIMMEN

Postby BathTub » Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:14 am

No this is a newish position for him, there was a huge post recently which he edited like a half a dozen times going and back and forth until he decided that Nope, Ovaries aren't allowed on the soapbox.

6) nomadism (open-air preachers operating outside the authority of the local church)

*cough*splutter* I think my irony meter just broke.
BathTub
Site Admin

Postby zilch » Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:30 am

As with many issues, you can cherrypick the Bible to support either side of this- there's Paul saying it's a scandal when women speak in the Church, but there are the many examples in the OT of women preaching. But on the whole, you have to say that the Biblical message is not particularly anti-sexist. Women get the short end of the stick in many ways.

So I tend to think that Tony can probably make a good Scriptural case for his misogyny. All the more reason to chuck Scripture. Or at least borrow the ideal of equality from humanism, as many Christians do. You're welcome.
You were born. And so you're free. So happy birthday.
- Laurie Anderson
zilch

Postby InfernalTank » Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:49 pm

So there's an art to yelling at people on the streets?
InfernalTank

Postby theBlackSwan » Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:38 pm

Tony is a giant asshole to everyone. This is in the comment section of this post.

John Crisham wrote:I think we must be consistent if we are bringing the pulpit down into the streets from inside the church, and raising up the pulpit in the streets to the level of that in the church. If we are going to say that the street is the same as the church and the home re:roles of women then we must hold elder like standards for the men as well. That means that we will need to form a magisterium of some sort to oversee the every person who wants to be a street preacher. We will have to do a regular examination of every man that desires to proclaim the Gospel, and if he is not holding up Titus 1 standards, then he will need to step down. I could go on and on, but the reality is that Tony and others are entitled to their opinion, and who they will preach with, but there are women who are sent out by their churches and by their husbands to do the work of an evangelist. Evangelism includes teaching, and sometimes preaching. Neither disqualifies women, nor does it excuse them from doing evangelistic work.

Tony Miano wrote:John,

You represent at least one group of people for whom I have written the group.

No exegesis. No exposition. Nor a single verse of Scripture to support your point of view. Strawman argumentation.

Nowhere in the Word of God are husbands given any allowances by God to permit their wives to preach--to preach anywhere. Nowhere in the Word of God are elders and churches given allowances by God to permit women to preach--to permit women to preach anywhere. Yours, as mine once was, is an argument from utter silence.

I recommend, John, that you spend some time studying the Scriptures regarding the issue of women preaching...anywhere. You will not find a single example, anywhere in the Word of God. Not one.

John, your comment above will be the last one you post on my blog, regarding this issue. You have a blog of your own. Feel free to make your case there.

And John, when it comes to the Word of God, neither you nor I are "entitled to our opinions." The Lord demands more than that from those who presume to teach His Word. Study to show yourself approved, brother. Our opinions are utterly irrelevant regarding the truth of God's Word. There is neither my truth or your truth. There is God's truth.

And you cannot support women preaching in the open-air from God's Truth--the Bible.

Again, any further comments about what I write on my blog about this subject should be done on your own blog. You can no longer do it here.

Thank you.

So unless you precisely agree with him, then you can go fuck right off. The Biblical way.

(Not relevant, but an interesting tidbit: Tony shaved his mustache and beard. He looks fucking odd.)
False prophet, Big profit.
theBlackSwan

Postby E-lad » Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:02 pm

There you have it. God's perfect word has never been agreed on. Even people in the same church have differences of opinion.
Life is a comedy for those who think, and a tragedy for those who feel.- Horace Walpole
E-lad

Postby Azou » Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:41 pm

God doesn't forbid it, but he doesn't permit it so fuck you wimmens!

*Tony lurches over to his mancave, plans another Norway trip*
"Once the rockets are up, who cares where they come down?
That's not my department," says Wernher von Braun.
Azou

Postby lehman scott » Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:38 pm

I so get a kick out of watching two clowns arguing over each others' makeup.
Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we've been waiting for. We are the change that we seek.
- - Barack Obama

Pessimism of the Intellect; Optimism of the Will.
- - Antonio Gramsci
lehman scott

Postby HitchensTheCat » Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:43 pm

Tony doesn't hate them. God hates them. Herp da derp.
"Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence." -Christopher Hitchens (1949-2011)
HitchensTheCat

Postby BaldySlaphead » Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:55 am

Has the holy scripture ever expressed an opinion regarding whether it is permitted to use social media? 'Cause, you know, if it's not mentioned in the Bible...
BaldySlaphead

Next

Return to Tony Miano - Fundie in the Wild